PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I emailed Peterson a while back to ask about that very thing. The basic gist of the answer was, they are not currently making more Deluxe Systems with tapered stems because of material availability.
Thanks for passing along the info. I wonder if they’re just short on vulcanite or looking for someone new to manufacture the deluxe stems. I could imagine that the current stock of saddle stems are what they have from an old manufacturer while they look for a new one. But, who knows 🤷‍♂️

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Thanks for passing along the info. I wonder if they’re just short on vulcanite or looking for someone new to manufacture the deluxe stems. I could imagine that the current stock of saddle stems are what they have from an old manufacturer while they look for a new one. But, who knows 🤷‍♂️
I suspect, it may have something to do with the ever encroaching move to acrylic... But I could be wrong, its just a guess. I personally love acrylic, and if they came out acrylic John Bull stems on System Deluxe's I'd buy every one of them.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I suspect, it may have something to do with the ever encroaching move to acrylic... But I could be wrong, its just a guess. I personally love acrylic, and if they came out acrylic John Bull stems on System Deluxe's I'd buy every one of them.
Yeah I like acrylic too and have been wanting to try some of Peterson's (either the standard system or the army filter). Whatever get the tapered stems back faster is fine by me!

Reactions: Nevaditude
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Yeah I like acrylic too and have been wanting to try some of Peterson's (either the standard system or the army filter). Whatever get the tapered stems back faster is fine by me!
There are even a few System Deluxe pipes with acrylic saddle bits now. The P-Lip is a bit shorter on the acrylic stems. All the Pub/House Oom Pauls are acrylic.

Reactions: Nevaditude

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest