PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Very nice pipes, guys!
six, some of those pipes went up on the trader and got sold. I picked up a Peter Heeschen, for a change of pace......pics to follow. Lovely grain on that spigot!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
straight-petes-450x600.jpg
straight Petes
bent-petes-450x600.jpg

Bent Petes

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
What a nice collection of Peterson !!! Congratulations everyone

Here are some of mines starting from these 2, created for the tobacconist Noli in Milano, for it's 40th birthday.
llia.jpg

Shape 264 - Sterling Silver rusticated in black
0ntp.jpg

Shape B54 (one of the new shapes) - Sterling Silver rusticated Black
rohu.jpg

Shape 69 - Supreme Gold mounted
tetu.jpg

Shape XL20 - Supreme Silver Mounted
TO BE CONTINUED :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love my Petes. I have two B11 bent brandies, a Kapet author, a Killarney 999 P-Lip, and an Around the World/Ireland which is

a bent bulldog (a honey). I've just ordered -- as the result of being re-educated on Group 1 small bowled pipes on Forum -- a yacht/zulu

rusticated Belgique. None of the ones I've owned have any quality problems. They are all solid, well-drilled, great smokers.

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
Petersons are really favorite of many many people. And in some way it surprises me.
At least here in Italy, sometimes Peterson are seen like less interesting, because produced "indutrially", they are not the work of an artisan (which is somehow false, they are not hand carved one by one, but the rest of the work is made by hand). And also because they produce more affordable pipes, and not only high end. The same goes for Savinelli, so it's not anything "patriotic".
Personally, I've yet to find a Peterson (be it an high grade or an entry level) that doesn't smoke well. They are drilled very well, they are painted (when they are) very well, and the silverwork is wonderful (silverwork is totally made by hand). The only difference I noticed between high grades and entry level is that some entrylevel pipes need more time to become good smokers than the high end. Not always, but often, at least in my Petersons. Probably it's the different quality of the briars used ? The paint work? I really don't know. What I know is that even an entry level will smoke wonderfully after a little time, and this is not granted with all the pipe producers. So I really love the Peterson brand.
Here is a tris of shape 107, one of my favorites, the chubby billard. From top to low a Rosslare, a Maigret, and an old Tyrone in good company with Dunhill 965 Mixture...

itqi.jpg

Reactions: Papasmurf92

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
castellarius - very nice pipes, love the photography too.
Nice to know you're a fan of Petes. I am too, even though it seems of late their Q/C has been a bit shaky. All in all (save one or two incidents), I've had excellent luck with mine and they do smoke exceptionally well.

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
Here is a Peterson Sherlock Holmes "The Original" rusticated from 1988
9qwi.jpg

And here is a Royal Irish Silver Mounted
d2m0.jpg

Six, unfortunately I've heard too some complaints about some new Petes.I've read that they have higher sales and that it's not easy for them to find good quality briar to satisfy the higher request...Personally I would play another game...we only build excellent pipes, so they can be a little scarce...

Oh well one more reason to hunt estate Peterson in good shape (Im waiting for a System Deluxe from 1963...)

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
astrange1: That is a great looking pipe!
Gentlemen, you've inspired me - I need to take an updated picture of my Petes.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Here is the updated version of my Petes:
Top Left to Right: Kildare 999 and Kapet 03

Bottom Left to Right: Irish Sea 68 and Killarney Red 69

And closeup:

By far my favorite is the Kildare 999, but I do have a Rosslare 999 on my Christmas wishlist.

jasondon

Lurker
Nov 25, 2013
I love that Shackleton posted earlier...doesnt look like there are too many around for sale. Great looking pipe!

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Picked this Canadian Pete up at an antique shop. Fella wanted $35, I walked out with it for $5. Before and after:

DSCF0348_zps10083a82.jpg

DSCF0365_zps2b96f38e.jpg

DSCF0371_zpsf5284a18.jpg

The only other Pete is a Rocky Donegal 221
IMG_0611.JPG