PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
I am glad to say that I have joined the Peterson Club today, with this masterpiece 8)

FP9o8jx.jpg

pWSWiJK.jpg

Reactions: Papasmurf92

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have two Peterson B11 bent brandies. I love the shape and that it's a sitter. I have a Killarney ebony and a Shannon, both well broken in.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/peterson/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=195885

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
Three recent Petes, while all are new pipes, two have been on my radar for about a year... still needing a home. All three are 9mm, so bought from Old World sellers.
The top two are in the Sherlock Holmes series. The Strand is a dark brown version with a oblong flatten shank, so the stem's "P" is on top. In the middle is the Deerslayer and it's a Peterson blast. This is the only Pete blast (thus far) that has interested me. Both are of the bigass bowl variety, for my English blend palette.
On the bottom is a smaller, everyman's Aran B35. It is, however --- a ZULU! My first for this forward-leaning shape.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Lovely pipes there, r. the "1" shape, be it 1s or the 301 is a fine pot shape. And, of course, the Twains are mighty nice as well.

rfernand

Oct 2, 2015
This DeLuxe 1S is quite the looker. I like the more recent stains as well, but this one just screams Peterson. The grain has that non-pretentious mix style so common of the DeLuxes... I'm awestruck. And it smoked its first bowl like a champ.
I find the 301 and the 1S to be different enough to make them stand out. The 301 has a a bit more visual tension between the top of the bowl and the base. But yeah, great shape in a Standard System.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
r, the only standard system I have is the 301. Love the look of it. Mine is 1 of the old ones where the stem is quite flared, what some folks call a spike stem. If I were ever to get another deluxe system, the 1s would be 1 I'd consider.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
snowyowl, really love that blasted deerstalker. Never seen a blasted 1. only SH I have is a rusticated Deerstalker.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
I love that Strand.

Oh ya... not disappointed. A nice smoker.

The bulbous look, in profile, is even more so when you hold one and stare down to the bowl. The flattened shank looks like you are looking at a humpback whale.

This is an XL-25 Pete, so an ample bowl for some Black Frigate.