PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
@Dixie - that XL999 is outstanding. Its not clear to me how long Peterson used the XL999 model, but I don't believe it was long term.
@Dutch65 - Here's a shot of that restored Panel, a pre-Republic K Briar, a beautiful Pete!
peterson_k-briar_finished-1.jpg

Reactions: Papasmurf92

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Oh, my heavens! My PAD quotient just went up several points, and I am scared. Here's why: in two days I will be browsing their shop in Dublin. And free the next day for more of the same. Can I limit myself to one or two?? I find I don't like to buy new pipes online as much as I did, so this is a great opportunity to see, feel, weight, and plumb a bunch of gorgeous pipes. I just need to stick to my guns and buy one pipe per city visited. But I could buy two here, as I didn't find anything in Paris I liked.
I have two Arans, bent billiards, natural-ish finish, and one billiard I bought 50 years ago. (And beat on ashtrays in my youthful exuberance).
BTW, the factory tour won't happen, as they close down completely a few days before Christmas into the new year. Darn.

jaydublin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2015
Beautiful stuff, folks! Happy Holidays to you all! I finally got to open and admire my new Sherlock this morning. Had to get out some silver polish to remove a serious layer of tarnish. Looks stunning now. Here's a to great 2016. Bear with me - might take me a few tries to get the image working correctly.
IMG_0006_zps4atoqrzz.jpg
[/URL][/img]

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
My Peterson Christmas gift, an unsmoked Supreme XL90. This one was sold by Mark Irwin and will be in his upcoming Peterson book for the example of that shape. This is my first Supreme. The wife got me the socks, they made me laugh!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Great pipe, and good luck with the socks! Cute, though.
Perfect proxy for my factory tour which won''t be happening, and interesting to know the store moved from its earlier location.

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
This is my first Pete. A Dracula 68. I got this at my local brick and mortar around Halloween last year (2015), as they were having a special on these. Yes, the drilling is a little off on mine, as some others have mentioned. But no regrets here. It smokes great and I love it! So much so that I'm thinking about getting another Pete soon. And when I'm smoking it I like to pretend I'm Irish and say "Pee-tarr-sun" over and over again. :puffy:

Peterson0946ed2_zpsq5gmgeaz.jpg

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
A handsome little sandblasted apple from alpascia.com. Lightweight and easy draw, I'm liking it so far.
pete1.jpg

pete2.jpg

pete3.jpg

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
'80 De Luxe 9S

43eaa011-c454-4fd7-8a48-68826b10c66e_zps1ueu2jbw.jpg

'81 11S

_27P0079_zpsi2e90c76.jpg

And because The Hound of the Baskervilles was the first SH I read as a kid, a '91 Baskerville showed up in the post today:

_27P0081_zpss7gpvlzc.jpg

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
That reminds me... here are three recent Petes (additions over the last couple of months):
Top: Peterson System (31)

Middle: Peterson Dingle (05) Silver band

Bottom: Peterson Kinsale (XL30)