New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
First brand new meerschaum, and the first one I'll actually smoke. An Altinay. It's my first spigot as well. Trying to decide what type of blend I want to christen it with, and whether or not I should dedicate it to lakelands or latakia (or neither) in the long run.

View attachment 200677
Nice pipe! But it doesn’t really matter what you smoke in it for the first few smokes, it’ll all taste like new meerschaum.
🤮

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
First brand new meerschaum, and the first one I'll actually smoke. An Altinay. It's my first spigot as well. Trying to decide what type of blend I want to christen it with, and whether or not I should dedicate it to lakelands or latakia (or neither) in the long run.

View attachment 200677
Just remember, if you dedicate it to a certain blend, and then get tired of that blend, you get tired of that pipe.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have the same issue as Chasing Embers in that I am missing a ton of teeth due to the effects of radio active iodine treatment before they finally got around to yanking my thyroid out about seven years ago. I am too vain to go for dentures and I find that the stem of the 'cutty' seems to work well for those of us who are challenged in the 'mastication tool' department.

sjohnston0311

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2023
Massachusetts, USA
Due to my usual tendency to overthink things, I was so worried about ghosting my new Altinay with lakelands, that I've already bought another meer to smoke my lakelands in. Or maybe that's just what I tell myself in order to justify buying a new pipe again already.

It's one of the unbranded ~$100 ones from Meerschaum Market. Anyone have any experience with these?

20230210_170325.jpg