Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
Due to my usual tendency to overthink things, I was so worried about ghosting my new Altinay with lakelands, that I've already bought another meer to smoke my lakelands in. Or maybe that's just what I tell myself in order to justify buying a new pipe again already.

It's one of the unbranded ~$100 ones from Meerschaum Market. Anyone have any experience with these?

View attachment 201531
This is my all time favorite meerschaum shape. Straight apple. And the no names can be some of the greatest meers around. My SMS apple was I think 50 bucks, and is my favorite. Bought it from meerschaum market. Fantastic company.

You want a great smoking pipe, that you barely notice is there? Straight apple meer. You won't regret it.

I've been looking for a second one. Would have bought that one you have if I'd noticed it.

sjohnston0311

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2023
Massachusetts, USA
This is my all time favorite meerschaum shape. Straight apple. And the no names can be some of the greatest meers around. My SMS apple was I think 50 bucks, and is my favorite. Bought it from meerschaum market. Fantastic company.

You want a great smoking pipe, that you barely notice is there? Straight apple meer. You won't regret it.

I've been looking for a second one. Would have bought that one you have if I'd noticed it.
Yeah it's a nice little pipe. I like the apple shapes in general. Never was a huge fan of the standard billiard shape. I just like the proportions of the apple much better.

Reactions: didimauw

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That is very nice - I assume it is a pipe and not a cheroot holder, a mistake I have made several times thinking I was picking up a 'cutty' and then receiving a pipe that looked like I had left it in the rain and it had shrunk! Does it have its case?

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG

AvgKsHunter

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2023
That is very nice - I assume it is a pipe and not a cheroot holder, a mistake I have made several times thinking I was picking up a 'cutty' and then receiving a pipe that looked like I had left it in the rain and it had shrunk! Does it have its case?
It’s as big as the palm of my hand. Unfortunately no case. I do have a cheroot holder, though, that is perhaps the turkey that got away -lol

Attachments

• 9FDB75B4-3136-49A8-BC22-C0120CED1547.jpeg
    9FDB75B4-3136-49A8-BC22-C0120CED1547.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 9

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Due to my usual tendency to overthink things, I was so worried about ghosting my new Altinay with lakelands, that I've already bought another meer to smoke my lakelands in. Or maybe that's just what I tell myself in order to justify buying a new pipe again already.

It's one of the unbranded ~$100 ones from Meerschaum Market. Anyone have any experience with these?

View attachment 201531
I love my no name, just about to light up a bowl of Formers Cross Grain Flake right now as we speak, the draft hole is a bit off but it still smokes great. A gift from my wife which might make it better to me then what it is, but the .925 silver collar adds a nice touch, I thought it might be a repair band but no just an adornment. She knows nice which I can't argue with 1 bit.

Attachments

• 16764909177032481511180445051785.jpg
    16764909177032481511180445051785.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 13