PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

davidsaulmarshall

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2019
Cambridge, MA
Got this from TC just before Georged posted the gorgeous pictures of his Dunhill. I guess this is Castello's edition. I was wanting a second Castello. Saw this shape and style that I hadn't seen before from Castello so punched the button. Won't break it in till after all this Corona mess is over. Hope it's a keeper! Hoppes
View attachment 23424
View attachment 23426
View attachment 23428
I saw that one as well over the past two weeks. She's a real looker with that tapered stem!

Umberto

Lurker
Apr 11, 2020
This is my lone Castello in my collection. At one point years ago I owned 7 at one time and all were great smokers as is my current one. This particular one is a Castello Collection Occhi di Pernice Dublin. The pics are not that great, as the birdseye on both sides is much nicer in person. It is a fine example of an Occhio because the birdseye on each side is nice and even and the cross cut on the front and back of the bowl is also pretty uniform. It is was one of my best scores ever on ebay price wise.

Is that a pit in the pipe or did you put that there by accident? For the price of a Castello I'd expect a briar to be devoid of that flaw.

BrokenRecord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2020
PNW, US
I picked up my first Castello pipe earlier this year: an estate "Castello" triple k billiard purchased in Spain. I assume it is from the mid 1980s as there is no castle and the Ks are encircled. Does anyone know what a M on the bottom would signify? I have looked all over the inter webs and cannot find an answer—including BriarBlues?Pipe.jpgIMG_0921.jpgIMG_0920.jpg

Last edited:

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I assume it is from the mid 1980s as there is no castle and the Ks are encircled. Does anyone know what a M on the bottom would signify?
I’d agree with your date assumption. The M looks like a European dealer mark but I don’t know which one. Good looking pipe. The Castello grade is a great one to find really good value. ?

Reactions: BrokenRecord