PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I may be wrong, but Rick Newcomb's book "In Search Of Pipe Dreams" came out in 2006 I believe. In it he exstolled the virtues of a more open draw. Maybe Castello thought it a good idea to incorporate this in their future pipes?

I always thought they were fine before. I have only purchased one in the last few years, and it seems to draw about the same as my old ones.

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
I just received my first Castello today. It's a Sea Rock 12 KK with Carlo Scotti. Most Castellos are too big and heavy for me, but this one is just 36g and I love the rustication and the slender bit.
IMG_6520_zpscf1443f1.jpg

jdto

Might Stick Around
Nov 11, 2012
The first smoke was great. Perfect draw and only a couple of relights with Quiet Nights. I think we have a winner!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Wow. 8O
That's cool. Fully functional, I presume? I have a couple of Pipeworks pipes about the same size. I've smoked them both.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I picked up this heavy cast Castello "artifact" a couple of weeks ago not knowing if it was genuine or somebody's art project but I got confirmation today that another plaque just like it hangs in the Castello shop in Cantu. 8O
img_0312.jpg

img_0313.jpg

I don't know why the pictures post on their side. :?: