PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The 65 Sea Rock KK was delivered today, great service from Tabbacharia Corti.

My scale shows 33 grams.

This one is exactly what I've been looking for: Great button, perfect size, easily passes a cleaner and has a decent size bowl.

It has "CZ" stamped on the nomenclature strip (which is also where I like that strip to be, underneath). I assume that is a shop code?

I'm going to grow old with this little gem - thanks oldgeezersmoker for the tip!
image sharing

Reactions: Ben.R.C
Oct 7, 2016
Al, I was holding my breath, glad that the pipe meets your demanding standards.
CZ is their shop code. Glad to hear that their service was good.

Oct 7, 2016
This little jewel arrived today from Bollito. I have tried to somehow get the Bollito pictures to Photobucket to this post, but nothing works, but the link is still live.

Castello Old Antiquari kk 95
_MG_7143copiacopia_x4FNZTf2MXHo_large.jpg

Length: 138 mm 5.38 in

Height: 40 mm 1.56 in

Ext. Diameter: 34 mm 1.32 in

Chamber diameter: 19 mm 0.74 in

Chamber depth: 33 mm 1.28 in

Weight: 31 gr 1.08 oz
The shape # is not stamped, as is usual these days, but it is a 95, relatively uncommon.

Excellent service from Bollito, though DHL tried their best to screw things up. Not Bollito's fault, and DHL has delivered here twice in the last six weeks with no problem.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Here's a 55 Fiamatta I scored in a special offering from Briar Blues last year. Gorgeous and a fine smoker.
castello55.jpg

Reactions: bayareabriar

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Thanks. I was a bit peeved by the non-removable Briar Blues logo on the shank but since I paid well over a hundred bucks less than I would have otherwise I can't really complain.

Oct 7, 2016
Thought I would try to share a picture of the other side of my new OA 95.

_MG_7144copiacopia_Mf0OMWYJQs9q_large_zpswx08jdj8.jpg
[/URL][/img]
Didn't work. I give up.
Edit/Al - from Photobucket, just copy the IMG link on the right and paste that directly into the thread reply. It adds the picture formatting that the IMG function this reply box adds, so if you do both, it doubles the formatting, which doesn't work.

Oct 7, 2016
Al, I thought so, too. I am very pleased with the pipe, and even more so since the button meets your high standards.
So, I just copy the img link that Photobucket gives and don't fool with any of the grayish tabs at the top of the white box?

Oct 7, 2016
If this works I will post the other Photobucket images I spent 20 minutes watching the spinner go around loading. Pipe received today from Lanzola in Parma. www.pipeshop-lanzola.it. Very pleased with the pipe and the transaction.
I got you covered.
sea-rock-briar-kkkk-mod-58-bent-bulldog_zpsuiy6tuzj.jpg

sea-rock-briar-kkkk-mod-58-bent-bulldog%203_zpshioyb6wq.jpg

sea-rock-briar-kkkk-mod-58-bent-bulldog%202_zpsvmawmots.jpg

Reactions: petes03

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Found this nice KKK Sea Rock rather cheap due to a repair band according to the seller. I've never seen a repair band that narrow before, but when I got the pipe, it was a repair band indeed. I wasn't sure what it was repairing through as I could see no crack. I finally noticed a small crack on the inside edge surface of the shank only. If it wasn't for the band I probably would have never noticed it. I don't think it's silver as there are no marks on it, but at least it looks more like a trim ring from the factory rather than a large repair band.
This is my only Castello and it is, as expected, a great smoking pipe!

img_0765-600x358.jpg