PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
I like this one : Swiss Dagger
zS6XsMOl.jpg
I was cleaning out the crawlspace in a new house once and I found one of these knives, in considerably more "used" condition, along with a walking cane with a carved eagle head. I had some interesting theories about the previous tenant!

Ended up donating the knife to the local military museum as it turned out to be a legitimate WW2 item and I had neither the skill nor time to restore it. It was notable because it still had the etching clearly visible on the blade and apparently knives of that era had their etching defaced after a certain point, so the fact that whoever owned it kept their etching made it rare. It was in otherwise terrible condition. I had planned on keeping it but people kept giving me weird looks whenever they spotted it on the wall and well, some conversations aren't worth having!

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
IM Corona Old Boy.
I normally prefer wooden matches, but, when I need a lighter I reach for one of these most often.
I have had these for 20+ years and had good luck with them.
l like the built- in tamper and the adjustable angled flame.

View attachment 49528
Thanks! I use matches, a pipe Zippo, and the occasional Bic. That's a good looking lighter and I like the built in tamper.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
For the last 5 years of smoking I used my hands to prep all pressed tobacco, including rope, my effort to pay homage to such tobacco''s history.

Reactions: cory84
Status
Not open for further replies.