PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
When I got the Merkur 1904 I wasn't thrilled with the feel in my hand, so I sent it back. Then I ordered an Edwin Jagger DE8 with a black handle. That's a nice razor. I like it even better than the Merkur 34C.
I also found a site called Mama Bear's where she does custom shaving soaps and sells samples. All of it looks like a quality product.

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
I use a Maggard Razor, which I like alot, especially for the cost. I am pretty happy about getting into it though, because that started me into pipe smoking.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Big on the wet shave ritual and treating myself to some nice brushes and shaving soaps and creams. I have a Joris Palladium Plated Classic Double-Edge and Muhle R41 Grande Tooth Comb Double-Edge Safety Razors. I love the feel of lathering up with a quality badger brush. I use the Rooney Emillion 2, Plisson High Mountain White, H.L. Thater 4292 Series and Simpsons Emperor 2. I don't really care for the aftershave but I usually have about 20 or so shave soaps/creams.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
I used to use the finest English soaps and badgerwood brushes and sharp razors, but I got lazy. I use coal tar soap and a blade so blunt I've forgotten what a close shave feels like.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
I use a 1953(my birthyear) Gillette Super Speed, Feather blades badger brush Poraso Green pre/after shave, and Poraso green shave soap.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

mzpuff

Lurker
Feb 13, 2013
Toronto
I am a new convert. I bought an Edwin Jagger de89 (barley grain), Proraso, and a blade sampler pack. A Semouge 610 board does the trick for face lathering. It's a small world; I have read a lot on Mike's site and at badger & blade. It is very cool to find out that Mike is on here too, enjoying pipes. Like minded people seem to find each other, the internet is good for something after all.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
My beard is pretty thick, though it's softening with age.
Still... I use any blade I find lying around... I scrape most of what needs razing off in the shower after not having shaved for 7 days or 14 days or 21 days. Then later, after partially dressing, I find a mirror and dry shave the rest to the edge of my chin hedges. I can't dress all the way first, because white stubble goes flying like fine confetti everywhere, and I'll be dusting myself and flapping my lapels all day trying to get the "beard dandruff" off.
When I can't find one of my wife's or her daughters' leg hackers, then I will actually reach for my old double edge in the ancient bathroom medicine cabinet of our 1930s era home. No one here knew what the slot was for in the back of it till I pulled it out to show them one time. I threw all those old blades away and am proud to say all those in there now, are mine.
Sylvester Stallone said in an interview he *only* dry shaves. He likes the pain. And the blood. I'm no Stallone, but I know what he's talking about.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
On the swively razor head review, I have seldom seen a review that I have agreed with more. That line of products is absolute balls and lasts about 10 minutes.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
After reading a bunch of shaving threads on this forum I decided to jump in. After reading some reviews and PM's from msandoval I went to Lee's Razors. I called up and told Lee that I was new at this and he spent no less than 20 min with me on the phone. I couldn't believe that he answered SO MANY of my questions and then placed an order for me. I picked up the following:
1 x Merkur 23C Long Handle Safety Razor (aka 180)

1 x Beginners Blade Sampler Pack

1 x Merkur Chrome Curved Stand

1 x Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Tub

1 x Parker Chrome Handle Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Lee even threw in some extra blades to give me more variety. I have only used my kits 3 times now and it takes me about 20 min to shave, mainly because I am being very careful. With time I am sure I will be down to half that time. I have been using the "3 pass" method which gives me an exceptional shave. I have only used my old cartridge razor where I have to shave and am in a rush. I still use the brush and Taylor Shaving Cream.

derrickyoung

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
Depends on what day of the week it is
474524111e06cc7445eea0ed07cdc461_zpsd6d0b137.jpg

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
I have a Maggard Razor too , love it :puffy:
I actually got to go to their store and pick up all my shave gear, real nice people in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.