Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Breaking in 2 pipes,

1/2 bowl PA in Dr. Grabow Grand Duke (just restored)

1/2 bowl PA in R. Gasparini (idk what style)

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Wow, I smoked my first Dr. Grabow and might I say it is a very very good pipe for the price. I believe it comes out to around $5-6 a pipe for the lot I bought that contained this Grand Duke. I smoked the R. Gasparini first and thought it was a good smoke, until I lit up the Dr. Grabow. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality smoke that it provided. I smoked it until the very last bit of tobacco was left. When I went to empty the bowl (gently with the tool after it cooled for a bit) I noticed that there was about 95% ash and 5% tobacco. However, when I did the same with the R. Gasparini and there was 50% tobacco and 50% ash (due to a "crater" at the bottom of the pipe beneath the airhole and I only smoked half a bowl in each pipe). The only other pipe I have smoked is the Bent Bob, which burned too hot for my liking. I don't mean to hijack this thread I just wanted to comment that I now see why so many people have been writing "____ in my Dr. Grabow". So, without further ranting, PA in my Dr. Grabow Grand Duke.

rusco135

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
Huh?! PA, 3noggins, Maplestreet??!! These names mean NOTHING to me?! I'll google the names on the net but I'm sure none are available back home?!

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Hey Rrusco135,
PA is Prince Albert, 3noggins is from 4noggins.com (I believe) idk about maplestreet.

We use alot of abbreviations for different blends. Please see this thread here for some of the abbreviations we use. I can also send you a pretty detailed list in PM that I have copied from different places if you wish also. Sorry it is so confusing it took me a while to get used to it as well. (Im only 2 weeks old as a member).

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
I just can't believe the supreme flavour of the flake !!

It's the first time in my life that I have tried flake....and it's absolutey beautiful.

I also followed the packing instructions of flake from this website...thanks guys....most excellent !!
mypipes015-4.jpg
mypipes017-2.jpg

mypipes013-2.jpg

I'm a "Flake" fan for sure....it has an unbelieveable smoking experience !!

First time in my life....I really can't get over it....WOW !!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Joe,

I'm not a very big Flake fan, but I do love Escudo Navy De Luxe, and PS Bulls Eye Flake.
I suppose Flake is the most fun, because it requires attention to the method of rubbing out or packing preparation. After all that is a big part of the whole pipe smoking experience. Welcome to a whole new world...
Pssst: Be careful with "twists"/"rope" Virginias... they can be a little strange.

That's not to say they aren't good, just very very different.
Edit: 1Q in my Cavicchi Volcano

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Good morning. It's Royalty in

the Bauer Bulldog. Best to all.

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/fred/album/picture/847

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Been away from the computer, but

started the day with 4noggins' Weybridge in a Stanwell Colonial bulldog,

and switched to P.A. for several bowls in the same pipe.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
The afternoon continues with Exotique

in the Koncak Calabash. Best to all.

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/fred/album/picture/498

Status
Not open for further replies.