PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Been going through a tin of Samuel Gawith Grousemoor this past few days. Seems to be a real good blend from SG.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Playing catch-up here...

P.A. and IRC's Virginia Flake before dinner

H&H's L J Heart Burley after dinner

Two Friends' Redwood this evening, while watching the Pirates squeak by the Cubbies, 14-7.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I haven't been able to smoke my pipe this semester. I miss it greatly. I will be getting my new pipes within a few days so hopefully I can light up a bowl and relax this weekend.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Trying Stanwell Melange for the first time, in my TRG White Ringed Volcano.

I think it's going to ghost my pipe.

The wife said it stinks worse than latakia.

It is very, very, fruity.

The taste is mellowing a bit as I smoke it down. It's even a bit reminiscent of cotton candy. It's supposed to be apricot... maybe, but it's more like peach and orange.

The taste reminds me of a "Fuzzy Naval" with out the deleterious effects of Alcohol.

... Darn!

I wasn't sure that I would like it when I first opened the tin. Wow! I thought I had just woke up in a French.... well you know.

It kind of grows on you.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Why do I keep smoking Erinmore flakes? I can't even make up my mind if I like them or not. Very strange...maybe I should have just one more...

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Running a bowl of 1Q through my TRG Volcano to see if was ghosted by the Melange.

I don't think so, but I can still smell the room note from that bowl. The War Department said she could smell peaches on my breath.

It was very surprising. Probably the strongest fruit flavor I have had save eating a peach.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Melange has been banned by herself so I gave my tin away . 3Noggins in a Amphora Billard , Jim Beam Green with two cubes and spit now it is a mixed drink .

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Lawrence, if the ghost of that Melange is still haunting your volcano, call on my butt-kickin' friend Old Joe Krantz to evict it.
P.A. for starts, followed by Two Friends' Redwood and C&D's Or Olam.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Good evening. It's Anniversary in the Bauer

Bulldog. Best to all.

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/fred/album/picture/847

Status
Not open for further replies.