PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'd be afraid of having something like that: the stem looks like it wouldn't take much to snap.

LOL: there's a thread going on clenching thin stems: shew them your new pipe!! ?
It's about the last concern you should have. Scottie spent a good deal of time figuring out how to make a strong durable pencil shank. When I saw her in Vegas last year she talked with me about her construction process and how she would take one of those delicate looking pipes and fling it high into the air letting it land on concrete, a good 20 foot drop. Repeatedly. They don't snap.

I've been collecting her pipes for years and have commissioned several. I'm glad I bought them before almost everyone else, 'cause her prices have really gone up. She's earned it.

The only pipe I bought in Vegas last year was a Piersel. Scottie is one of the very finest carvers working today. She goes from strength to strength. The draw is open. The airway is smooth and seamless. That metal lined shank is super easy to keep clean. You're not going to find a better made pipe.

Jun 23, 2019
I have been pining over this pipe for quite a while now and finally pulled the trigger last night. I just LOVE this woman's work and I have a feeling this won't be my last unless I go bankrupt! There is such precision, grace and superb craftsmanship in her pipes. puffy

I bet this little lady is going to give me decades of amazing Virginia blend smokes.
View attachment 34974

Congrats, that's pretty close to the "perfect classic" Scottie shape. Be sure to take lots of photos when it arrives and share it in the Scottie Piersel thread!

Maybe its the inner tubing or just the pencil shank design but all my Scottie pipes tastes distinctly different - makes some blends "better", makes some "worse" - I have one dedicated to SG Sam's Flake (super light Oriental) and it takes so much better than smoking it out of any other pipe.

I also have something very similar to your pipe but in morta coming my way. Literally, canNOT wait!

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I have bid on more than one Peirsel pipes, never won one (yet). Have always admired their style and simplicity.

Never knew before today that the carver..was a she. Very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.