PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Carnauba or beeswax would be good to protect and shine the top of this pipe? With corn cobs I didn't have this problem, but this pipe is going to make me sweat a lot hahahahahahahahIMG_4019[2823].jpg

Reactions: FurCoat
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Carnauba or beeswax would be good to protect and shine the top of this pipe? With corn cobs I didn't have this problem, but this pipe is going to make me sweat a lot hahahahahahahahView attachment 135018
I've had success with a few different products. Paragon wax for smooth finishes, and by the same company, Halcyon for rusticated; I also use Before and After Restoration Balm on both finishes. I have powdered Carnauba wax, but haven't used it yet (it's for a Meerschaum I will be carving.)

Reactions: OzPiper and JOHN72

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Carnauba or beeswax would be good to protect and shine the top of this pipe? With corn cobs I didn't have this problem, but this pipe is going to make me sweat a lot hahahahahahahahView attachment 135018
Waxes have a low melting temperature, and are easily wiped, rubbed off while smoking. As for keeping the rim of the pipe relatively clean, a thin film of petroleum jelly rubbed on the rim after you load a bowl works great. Then just wipe the rim afterwards.

Reactions: jpmcwjr