PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Bro, you really are my pipe brother. I just bought a 616 too (a used Punto Oro). Unfortunately I dropped it before even getting a chance to smoke it and the tenon broke and the brass dot fell off.

Also, you must have a strong jaw as I found it too long for its weight to clench comfortably.

My 616KS Silver
I love it's chunky heft.

View attachment 189425
Which line is this from? I silver banded 616 is exactly what I've been looking for.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
That... would make sense. It looks like it's a retired series that I'll have to keep an eye out for on eBay.
You may well be right.
I bought it as an estate.

I only have 2 Savinellis and really don't know much about the brand.

I find Savs and Stanwells with their multitude of lines extremely confusing especially when it comes to their heirachy.
They seem to retire, and introduce new lines constantly.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
You may well be right.
I bought it as an estate.

I only have 2 Savinellis and really don't know much about the brand.

I find Savs and Stanwells with their multitude of lines extremely confusing especially when it comes to their heirachy.
They seem to retire, and introduce new lines constantly.
I don't see many Stanwell sellers in the US anymore but I agree with Savinellis and also Petersons (I think the companies are related). It seems like some of the lines are popular but most of them seem kitschy to me.

We should start a petition for them to start making a line where the pipes are cased and have silver bands.