PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
So, should we expect more tobacco this week or what? Seems a bunch of sites still have some Skiff Mix and such. Did any Bothy Flake surface?

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
I don't think there is much to worry about for people wanting to stock up. It's just a matter of time. I have boxes and boxes of Gawith stored away. Some was bought well before the frustration of sold out stores and some during the middle of it all. It always comes back.

It seems that it eventually comes in stock in enough quantity where everyone can fill their boots and these conversations die off for a few months or so. That is the long view.

The waiting, while understandably annoying for those without it, is usually a passing frustration. Little consolation, I know, but it will come again.

Truth be told, there's a lot of blends that are never out of stock which are just as good. GL Pease makes some great virginia and VaPer blends.

I'm just waiting for the day when GL Pease blends are out of stock forever. That's when shit is really going to hit the fan. I regularly buy the 16oz tins of Haddo's, for just that reason. Nothing lasts forever, except Samuel Gawith. I'd bet on them surviving the apocalypse. They've weathered quite a few storms by now...

Jan 27, 2020
Did SPC offer any for sale yet? Wonder if the various blends were received by the other sites in similar quantities, in other words is Grousemoor and Bothy all sold out vs Fire Dance etc. simply because of supply or demand?

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Yes, I really doubt SPC would get only 4 tins per blend.
They do a waiting list and notify the next in line when stuff is available. After the recent Esoterialca/Germain release, I saw myself advance up the list (though still very far in the back). I haven't seen my place in line change significantly re: Samuel Gawith. I'm in the back of those lines, too. :)

Jan 27, 2020
It happens when the lids become unsealed. I suspect that that happened to many of the hot-glued lids, like some of the ones I bought last year.

This tin is in a fine state to smoke now but not much excess moisture compared to the last tin of Skiff I had.

Reactions: mingc
Status
Not open for further replies.