Same Peterson Design but One has Deeper Reservoir.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dog_park_piper

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2021
The Woodlands, TX
I am a big fan of the Peterson Pub pipe. I received a new one today and I noticed that the reservoir chamber is noticeably more shallow in the one that arrived today.

Will the more shallow rendition of the Pub Pipe make for a less dry smoking experience?

The dark brown pipe in the photo is deeper than the black rusticated.
PXL_20220228_204435412.MP.jpg
PXL_20220228_204355830.MP.jpg

It is grounds for a return?

Davy Jones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2022
7 Seas
From the photo, it seems they obviously missed a step in the System process which is boring the reservoir itself. Does that make it a Sytem pipe anymore? I doubt it. So I would return it based on this criteria.
And I would return it especially considering your pipe has a silver cap on it, which makes it much more expensive than a regular rustic.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
From the photo, it seems they obviously missed a step in the System process which is boring the reservoir itself. Does that make it a Sytem pipe anymore? I doubt it. So I would return it based on this criteria.
And I would return it especially considering your pipe has a silver cap on it, which makes it much more expensive than a regular rustic.

Missed an entire step? I don't think that is accurate; the reservoir is shallower than another pipe he has, which is of concern.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
think you need to look at the photo more closely.The well is definitely drilled,just not so deep.
No problems

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
None of my Petes have reservoirs, and they smoke well indeed. So, a smaller reservoir shouldn't be a problem.