PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Surely you can imagine there are commercial and legal complications and considerations that might be outside your awareness that prevent it.
They want to make money and I suspect they’re doing what they can with what they have.
I’ll rephrase:

There’s a bunch of complicated shit in the way that neither you nor I know anything about.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
My second favorite Pete shape! (Behind the 124).

I also totally love the 124. The 230/317, the 124, the 102/15 (number depends on mount) are my favorite Peterson shapes. I also really like the lovat, the billiard and the acorn from the Juniors range.

At least, that's all from a 'what I smoke' perspective. Some of my favorite shapes as a general enthusiast include the Sherlock Holmes Original, the 303 (03 in classic range), the 302 (XL02 in classic range) and the 999. And the new straight bulldog in the Juniors range is amazing (but I'm not much of a bulldog guy personally). None of those shapes work very well for me as a smoker, but they're absolutely wonderful too.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I also totally love the 124. The 230/317, the 124, the 102/15 (number depends on mount) are my favorite Peterson shapes. I also really like the lovat, the billiard and the acorn from the Juniors range.

At least, that's all from a 'what I smoke' perspective. Some of my favorite shapes as a general enthusiast include the Sherlock Holmes Original, the 303 (03 in classic range), the 302 (XL02 in classic range) and the 999. And the new straight bulldog in the Juniors range is amazing (but I'm not much of a bulldog guy personally). None of those shapes work very well for me as a smoker, but they're absolutely wonderful too.
Hahaha some of us have to buy the little ones, right? I wish they (you?) made the Junior range in more finishes. Would love to see more blasted/smooth options that are smaller.

I was very tempted by the little short apples in that recent drop, but couldn’t get over the rustication 🤷‍♂️

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Man can I say this stuff is super anticipated by many of us smokers. Watch City released there stock today at 3pm Est. I'm Mtn time so I was on site at 12:55, did the whole refresh thing and added to cart as soon as available and by the time I was at checkout Sold Out. And mind you I have everything saved and auto fill for that very reason. Not even 30 seconds and the 40 boxes they had were all gone. Sad day for me except I could stock up on some regular FVF and FVF plug so I'm ok with not being quick enough on the draw. Will have to be faster when the SJF burnt ends come out.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Man can I say this stuff is super anticipated by many of us smokers. Watch City released there stock today at 3pm Est. I'm Mtn time so I was on site at 12:55, did the whole refresh thing and added to cart as soon as available and by the time I was at checkout Sold Out. And mind you I have everything saved and auto fill for that very reason. Not even 30 seconds and the 40 boxes they had were all gone. Sad day for me except I could stock up on some regular FVF and FVF plug so I'm ok with not being quick enough on the draw. Will have to be faster when the SJF burnt ends come out.
I'm waiting for the Sams Burnt Ends.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I was taste-testing some of the Burnt Ends that arrived today and I notice that there was an interesting heterogeneity with this product. Some portions had plenty of "sauce" (I'm not a blender, so call it what you will) and other portions had none. In the photo you can see "Burnt Ends - Sample #1" is a very bright Virginia and "Burnt Ends - Sample #2" is quite dark and has a treacle-like sauce that sticks to your fingers when you handle it. The portion without the sauce tasted very grassy and green and had practically no depth of body. In appearance it is similar to Golden Glow except that Golden Glow has more body, presumably because it is "sauced" in whatever way it is. I suppose this bright "Sample #1" is a portion of the flake that didn't get any sauce. My assumption, in any case. It's interesting to me because it tastes exactly like a Full Virginia Plug that I purchased last year and that was similarly flat and uninteresting (I felt the same way about several plugs I purchased around 2019 as well). The Full Virginia Flake, on the other hand, that was purchased that same year, apparently has more sauce (not much) and it tasted a little deeper, richer perhaps. One the whole I seem to remember the Full Virginia Flake (~2015) being wetter, yes, but perhaps even more thoroughly sauced as well. I can only speak to what I observe and remark on my observations of the product as it has changed to my tastes over the years, but the difference in treatment within the particular sample and the comparison across samples has been an interesting one, for my part at least.
gawith.jpg

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I was taste-testing some of the Burnt Ends that arrived today and I notice that there was an interesting heterogeneity with this product. Some portions had plenty of "sauce" (I'm not a blender, so call it what you will) and other portions had none. In the photo you can see "Burnt Ends - Sample #1" is a very bright Virginia and "Burnt Ends - Sample #2" is quite dark and has a treacle-like sauce that sticks to your fingers when you handle it. The portion without the sauce tasted very grassy and green and had practically no depth of body. In appearance it is similar to Golden Glow except that Golden Glow has more body, presumably because it is "sauced" in whatever way it is. I suppose this bright "Sample #1" is a portion of the flake that didn't get any sauce. My assumption, in any case. It's interesting to me because it tastes exactly like a Full Virginia Plug that I purchased last year and that was similarly flat and uninteresting (I felt the same way about several plugs I purchased around 2019 as well). The Full Virginia Flake, on the other hand, that was purchased that same year, apparently has more sauce (not much) and it tasted a little deeper, richer perhaps. One the whole I seem to remember the Full Virginia Flake (~2015) being wetter, yes, but perhaps even more thoroughly sauced as well. I can only speak to what I observe and remark on my observations of the product as it has changed to my tastes over the years, but the difference in treatment within the particular sample and the comparison across samples has been an interesting one, for my part at least.
View attachment 275504
Wow, I love the side by sides. The way I see it, it's like a lasagna of tobacco and juices some pieces have more sauce then others. But great comparison. Sense I was late on the draw for burnt ends I grabbed a couple boxes of each the plug and Flake so I'll be doing my own comparison next time BE is brought over.