PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
I spoke to him a few days ago... =(

Hi Yang: I really have nothing to offer. I am not a collector. I just have Dunhills because I like the way they smoke (most of them, not the black shells). My assortment of Dunhills, once about 150 pieces, is now down to about 75 because I smoke less. I hate photographing pipes, so no pictures. I am also not a Dunhill expert, because I do not believe them important enough to bother with that. If you have any questions that are for a non expert, I will try to answer. I paid $22. for a new #4 panel in the 1950s. Hated it and ended up throwing it away several years later never having gotten a good smoke out of it. It could be worth a few thousand today, demonstrating the foolishness or wisdom of collecting. Their pipes have much improved since then.

R.I.P Mr Bruce Cahn.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
americaman, does foggy's wife have access to this thread or could it be printed out for her? She might really enjoy reading memories of foggy from the Forums members. I remember when I lost my late wife (some years later I remarried). It's a comfort to know people share memories of the person.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you, gents, for all the interesting memories of foggy. He was a complicated, gifted, and multi-faceted person, and I continue to be glad to have known him, if slightly. Fascinating foggy had his apartment in Chelsea. That was where my wife had her first apt. in NYC, and where I visited her while still in the Navy on my way from duty in Vietnam to Midway Island. We got together decades later after I lost my first wife. All those years ago, we bought a Christmas tree on the street and found a bucket for a stand. So here's another dimension of memories of Chelsea.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I'll just add my condolences to many others...he was THE man when it came to Dunhill pipes...he will be missed by many folks here and on other forums, too.
R.I.P. brother!

Aug 14, 2012
Dear All,
This is Mavie. Bruce's wife. Thank you for these beautiful words about Bruce. This smoking community was very special to him and some of you have become his friends. He left a huge collection of beautiful Dunhill pipes and a whole bunch of pipe tobacco. I am a nurse at a major NYC hospital and everything has been overwhelming lately. I will eventually contact Pipemagazine to sell his collection when this COVID pandemic subsides. Please stay safe you all.
Bruce was also a truly prolific and versatile artist. Again, Thank you for these beautiful words and thoughts.