PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I can't smoke perique, but out of curiosity, is the fig a similar fig vibe to 3p's? And while I am on the topic, what other figgy pop-ular blends do you folk figure recommending?
Not at all like 3Ps, 3P's topping tastes good (to me) but you can definitely tell it's "added" the figginess from the perique is a quality from the processing itself and nowhere near as pronounced in my experience, plus it's in there with a bunch of other subjectively received aromas. For me and depending on the blend, Perique is either perceived as fruity or spicy. I also always "feel" there is a briny quality to it as well. I have no idea what causes it to manifest differently in deferent blends. Pretty sure it's voodoo.

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Quite possibly my favorite VaPer is having its biannual distribution to the fig-obsessed masses (us) this evening.

Anyone else waiting with baited breath? Counting down the minutes? Shaking from a six-month withdrawal? Cold sweats? Inexplicable mood swings? Sitting in front of the computer hitting the F5 key over and over again?

For the record, I'm not one of them, just curious about the rest of youse guys...
Love this blend. I have plenty cellared, so more for the rest of ya! Hop on it quickly.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I grabbed a pound. Still got a little left from last year I'll probably smoke while waiting for this year's batch to arrive.

Reactions: jbfrady