PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Quite possibly my favorite VaPer is having its biannual distribution to the fig-obsessed masses (us) this evening.

Anyone else waiting with baited breath? Counting down the minutes? Shaking from a six-month withdrawal? Cold sweats? Inexplicable mood swings? Sitting in front of the computer hitting the F5 key over and over again?

For the record, I'm not one of them, just curious about the rest of youse guys...

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Quite possibly my favorite VaPer is having its biannual distribution to the fig-obsessed masses (us) this evening.

Anyone else waiting with baited breath? Counting down the minutes? Shaking from a six-month withdrawal? Cold sweats? Inexplicable mood swings? Sitting in front of the computer hitting the F5 key over and over again?

For the record, I'm not one of them, just curious about the rest of youse guys...
Rouxgaroux is a great VaPer, I'd say it's my favorite also. I bought 4 oz back in April and that was my first purchase of Rouxgaroux. I smoked a bit when I first got it and put it on the shelf until a few weeks ago. Loved it fresh and reaaaallllly love it with about 6 months in a jar. I may get some more, but unfortunately the budget is tight right now so I can't get the pound I had planned on.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I can't smoke perique, but out of curiosity, is the fig a similar fig vibe to 3p's? And while I am on the topic, what other figgy pop-ular blends do you folk figure recommending?

Reactions: Servant King

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I can't smoke perique, but out of curiosity, is the fig a similar fig vibe to 3p's? And while I am on the topic, what other figgy pop-ular blends do you folk figure recommending?
Never had 3P's, so I wouldn't know. GLP Windjammer is respectably figgy, as is Stokkebye Navy Flake. Not to mention considerably easier to procure than Roux.

Reactions: mortonbriar

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I've never tried this one. I've actually been pretty bad about getting around to ordering anything not available on SP (I have bookmarks saved for some LJP stuff for example).

This might be my first go, do you have a time it drops? Like is it right at midnight or random (and what time zone)? I'm not trying to get as much as possible, just the minimum order.

Sounds like a Va/per I might like. I don't hate Va/pers, but I'm generally kind of "meh" about them.

If there's time enough before, I might go ahead and setup a cart with other stuff I might want so all I have to do is add this and check out. Any other quintessential Watch City blend recommendations?

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
I've never tried this one. I've actually been pretty bad about getting around to ordering anything not available on SP (I have bookmarks saved for some LJP stuff for example).

This might be my first go, do you have a time it drops? Like is it right at midnight or random (and what time zone)? I'm not trying to get as much as possible, just the minimum order.

Sounds like a Va/per I might like. I don't hate Va/pers, but I'm generally kind of "meh" about them.

If there's time enough before, I might go ahead and setup a cart with other stuff I might want so all I have to do is add this and check out.
October 31 12:00 pm eastern

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011

Would you believe I have some from 2019 that I've never got around to trying?

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
One of my favorites. I still have some from last year so more for the rest of you.

The thread title made me laugh.

Ghosted Tamper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2023
South West, US
I wasn't wowed by this blend like most seem to express. Sutliff tobaccos (or how they process them) seem to evade my enjoyment radar. I still have roughly a pound of this from last year's release, hoping age will make a blind man see the light?

More for the rest of y'all.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Well, hopefully it doesn't sell out too fast, I don't even wake up until 12:30 pm eastern time. If it does, oh well, it's just a VA/per.

Made an account and bookmarked the page anyway.

One of these days, I need to go through all these kind of places and make lists of any of their blends I might be interested in that are only available through them. First I need to make a list of places like that with exclusive (I.E. not sold through other retailers) tobaccos. All I got off the top of my head is LJP, Watch City, Country Squire.

Reactions: Servant King