PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
A sad day for music fans.

Along with Jimmy Page, Peter Green & Eric Clapton, Beck was one of the guitar greats who defined how rock & blues music was going to sound.

It seems only 5 minutes ago he was touring the UK with pal Johnny Depp.

Regards,

Jay.

Jun 9, 2018
England
The list of people he worked with is all kinds of legendary.

From Wikipedia:

The Yardbirds were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1992. In Beck's acceptance speech, he humorously noted that:

"Someone told me I should be proud tonight ... But I'm not, because they kicked me out. ... They did ... Fuck them!"

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Oh no.
I hadn't seen this yet.
I was turned on to Beck when I was about 17. I fell in love with some of those solo records like Blow by Blow, Truth, and Wired.
So happy I got to see him about 13 years ago. It was fantastic.

Keep it flashy Jeffrey.. you were the man.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This news made me sad. I wasn't a big fan, until we went to see him and Stevie Ray Vaughn in 1989 (SRV's last tour, In Step and Guitar Shop for Beck). I've been a fan ever since. A few years ago, we found this picture in some books in our basement, now framed in our pool room. I had tickets to see him and Buddy Guy a few years ago, but the untimely death of my mother-in-law kept us from attending. RIP Jeff.

Jeff_Beck-SRV.jpg

This album is still a favorite and always the CD I put on to test audio systems, speakers, etc.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
This news made me sad. I wasn't a big fan, until we went to see him and Stevie Ray Vaughn in 1989 (SRV's last tour, In Step and Guitar Shop for Beck). I've been a fan ever since. A few years ago, we found this picture in some books in our basement, now framed in our pool room. I had tickets to see him and Buddy Guy a few years ago, but the untimely death of my mother-in-law kept us from attending. RIP Jeff.

View attachment 193931

This album is still a favorite and always the CD I put on to test audio systems, speakers, etc.

I love that you mentioned that. An (major) audiophile friend of mine always puts on the b-side of Wired (usually Led Boots) when auditioning speakers or an amp.
I almost always go for Zappa - One Size Fits All - Inca Roads.

One day it dawned on me that Led Boots and Inca Roads share an incredibly similar groove.

Man, Jeff Beck should have played stunt guitar on a Zappa record.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.

View attachment 193931

Al, I'm so glad you posted the link to Guitar Shop, I'd heard of it but never heard it. Just ordered a copy from Amazon!

Regards,

Jay.