PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I just won fifty million dollars in the Powerball lottery and decided to invest every dime of it into a restaurant.

A super hip, super New Age-y, super cool one, of course. A restaurant that takes the "deconstuction" trend to a new level.

The concept is Deconstructed Deconstruction

Like so:

The dining area will be a pitch black giant-airplane-hangar-sized empty spherical space, with pinpoints of light all over the ceiling, floor, and walls, like a planetarium.

No tables, no chairs, no menu... just a polished acrylic jet-black see-through floor that runs through the center of it to sit on.

Diners will be brought to the center of the floor, seated, handed a napkin and a pair of chopsticks to pick up and control a second pair of chopsticks (how à jour, right?), and after a suitable wait to confer a bit of drama, served.

What will they be served? A cantaloupe-sized ball of rock, a sunlamp, and a ticking timer set to four billion years.

For an extra charge the rock ball can be dressed with a bit of Foam Foam---i.e. deconstructed foam---of course.

Thoughts?
I have a friend that would eat there. He likes those over priced under fed meals where everything is "foam" and served on a spoon. Open it in SoCal and you'll have a hanger full of idiots, of course you can restrict seating to make it even more exclusive, open in in LA and call it the French Wash.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This concept will only work if you deny all requests for reservations, it has to be so hip and trendy that nobody can actually eat there.

This guy gets it. ^^^^

Let's see...

Taking it to the next level would mean CHARGING for reservation DENIAL, right?

How much? I'd guess a grand would be the right amount to create a stir and still leave them hopeful of one day getting in. (Harris is up there smiling)

It's becoming more obvious every minute I should have gone into the restaurant biz long ago. I'm a natural.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
George, just one question...
Can I get fries with that?
IF you can get a reservation... You can get an potato oil extract essence drizzled with sodium hydroxide concentrate foam served on bed of frozen quinoa husks. But there are no available reservations for the next 15 years.

The special tonight will be steak, its a vial of cryogenically frozen bull semen served on bed of pureed cow ovaries.

Tonight's wine will be a reduction made from the corks of full wine bottles recovered from a 17th century Spanish Galleon wreck served in the shoes of orphans.

No body will be seated or served.

• Haha
Reactions: dino and Zero

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
IF you can get a reservation... You can get an potato oil extract essence drizzled with sodium hydroxide concentrate foam served on bed of frozen quinoa husks. But there are no available reservations for the next 15 years.

The special tonight will be steak, its a vial of cryogenically frozen bull semen served on bed of pureed cow ovaries.

Tonight's wine will be a reduction made from the corks of full wine bottles recovered from a 17th century Spanish Galleon wreck served in the shoes of orphans.

No body will be seated or served.
Don't forget the side thimble of milk fresh from the cat's tit🥛 KIMG1901.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: RustiePyles CPG