PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I just won fifty million dollars in the Powerball lottery and decided to invest every dime of it into a restaurant.

A super hip, super New Age-y, super cool one, of course. A restaurant that takes the "deconstuction" trend to a new level.

The concept is Deconstructed Deconstruction

Like so:

The dining area will be a pitch black giant-airplane-hangar-sized empty spherical space, with pinpoints of light all over the ceiling, floor, and walls, like a planetarium.

No tables, no chairs, no menu... just a polished acrylic jet-black see-through floor that runs through the center of it to sit on.

Diners will be brought to the center of the floor, seated, handed a napkin and a pair of chopsticks to pick up and control a second pair of chopsticks (how à jour, right?), and after a suitable wait to confer a bit of drama, served.

What will they be served? A cantaloupe-sized ball of rock, a sunlamp, and a ticking timer set to four billion years.

For an extra charge the rock ball can be dressed with a bit of Foam Foam---i.e. deconstructed foam---of course.

Thoughts?

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
So after
like so…..the first two paragraphs were awesome I wanted to invest and go to this cool ass sounding place with the promise of great food , with the third paragraph I was mostly still loving the idea , then you went off the rails …
My dinner tonight
D0A614FB-69AC-40FF-8411-AA9469596FC6.jpeg
96 oz . Black otter WI

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
So after
like so…..the first two paragraphs were awesome I wanted to invest and go to this cool ass sounding place with the promise of great food , with the third paragraph I was mostly still loving the idea , then you went off the rails …
My dinner tonight
View attachment 211299
96 oz . Black otter WI
You eat otters in Wisconsin? That is rather new age-y for sure!
George, I think there are already too many restaurants similar to that now. Maybe check in with alan73, he might have some cool ideas that you could incorporate into your menu. 😁

Last edited:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I just won fifty million dollars in the Powerball lottery and decided to invest every dime of it into a restaurant.

A super hip, super New Age-y, super cool one, of course. A restaurant that takes the "deconstuction" trend to a new level.

Like so:

The dining area will be a pitch black giant-airplane-hangar-sized empty spherical space, with pinpoints of light all over the ceiling, floor, and walls, like a planetarium.

No tables, no chairs, no menu... just a polished acrylic jet-black see-through floor that runs through the center of it to sit on.

Diners will be brought to the center of the floor, seated, handed a napkin and a pair of chopsticks to pick up and control a second pair of chopsticks (how à jour, right?), and after a suitable wait to confer a bit of drama, served.

What will they be served? A cantaloupe-sized ball of rock, a sunlamp, and a ticking timer set to four billion years.

For an extra charge the rock ball can be dressed with a bit of Foam Foam---i.e. deconstructed foam---of course.

Thoughts?
Let us know when you get a liquor license.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021

Like so:

Thoughts?
Please add another billion years to the ticking timer ⏳⌛Screenshot_20230322-001359.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
How To Retire From The Restaurant Business With $1 Million Dollars In Your Hand:

Step 1.

"Win fifty million dollars in the Powerball lottery and decided to invest every dime of it into a restaurant; being, a super hip, super New Age-y, super cool one, of course. A restaurant that takes the "deconstruction" trend to a new level."

Step 2.
After 3 Years, Check remaining bank balance.

Step 3.
Close doors, Retire with $1,000,000.00 in your hand !!!

Sounds like a plan ;) - Sherm Natman