SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 1, 2014
Here's my full collection of Ligne 2 lighters from AliExpress.
As far as I can tell all of the deeply engraved Ligne 2 lighters are properly constructed of pure copper, they're certainly heavy enough for it.
The "Chief" on the top left there is an unusual wick lighter and not butane, but it appears to be copper and the fit and finish is top notch.
I should note that the Kuboy lighters (which cost much less) are made of Tin more than Copper, so I can't speak to their longevity, but at least they function just fine to start with.
D2554E07-1C5E-42DB-8A8C-B7715DB16830.jpeg

And the soot to prove two of them are in active service.

BD0C6827-D74C-406C-8482-3414E7C44A07.jpeg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It didn't make enough of an impression to go and source another from fleabay.
That's me with the Old Boys. The first was dropped and cracked the fuel tank and I bought the Arabesque just to look at, it's never been used. The flames can be extinguished just by moving the lighter into place to light the pipe.

Reactions: ofafeather

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
My Zippos are reliable, great in the wind, haven't burned a pipe yet, but I'm sure it could happen if someone isn't using it properly - my pipes aren't investments (but no reason to burn a rim if it can be avoided).

@Chasing Embers - I bought one of the unused, mint Beatties off eBay some time ago, but because of age I'm sure, the flints were a fine, powdery fairy dust, lol. What do you use for replacement flints? I need to put one in and fire it up!

Bob the bear

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2022
Edinburgh UK
I have a zippo with the pipe lighter insert and rubber fuel seal at the bottom (available off Amazon to stop fuel evaporating ) it works beautifully every time , flints are cheap and you can store spare flints in the bottom of the zippo under the cotton pad . If you get a zippo use proper zippo lighter fluid as it’s low odour kerosene does not impart nasty tastes to the bowl.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
For 100.00 and under the black IM Corona Pipemaster rules the lighter world. Nice large tank, a nice long tamper and electronic ignition so no splints.
There is not a finer pipe lighter on the market. I own 8 of them.
Sure Dunhill and Dupont are great lighters as I have many, but specifically for a pipe nothing better than IM Corona.
xikar-sucks
Lotus- suckks
Vector- sucks
Colibri sucks donkey balls and is the worst on the market.
Zippo sucks even with pipe fitting as the flame is unwieldy and will burn the bottom of your pipe if not careful.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
For 100.00 and under the black IM Corona Pipemaster rules the lighter world. Nice large tank, a nice long tamper and electronic ignition so no splints.
There is not a finer pipe lighter on the market. I own 8 of them.
Sure Dunhill and Dupont are great lighters as I have many, but specifically for a pipe nothing better than IM Corona.
xikar-sucks
Lotus- suckks
Vector- sucks
Colibri sucks donkey balls and is the worst on the market.
Zippo sucks even with pipe fitting as the flame is unwieldy and will burn the bottom of your pipe if not careful.
They may be technologically superior, but totally lacking in aesthetics, like -95.
Where's your tasted, Harris?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
They may be technologically superior, but totally lacking in aesthetics, like -95.
Where's your tasted, Harris?
I honestly think the Pipemaster is a good looking lighter. No it doesn't compare to DuPont but it looks as good if not better than the Old Boy. When it comes to lighters, looks are secondary for me. I only care that they work for years with no headaches.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I honestly think the Pipemaster is a good looking lighter. No it doesn't compare to DuPont but it looks as good if not better than the Old Boy. When it comes to lighters, looks are secondary for me. I only care that they work for years with no headaches.
I honestly believe it has all the charm of a homemade pistol. But that's cool, as we each have our ideas of what's pleasing looking and what's not.

Glad they are rock solid lighters.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I honestly believe it has all the charm of a homemade pistol. But that's cool, as we each have our ideas of what's pleasing looking and what's not.

Glad they are rock solid lighters.
In this next picture are my Duponts and one Old Boy on the far right. The lighter on the left of the Old Boy is actually made by Dupont. It is slim, has a nice case and I use it only when I am going out special. I stole it in Paris in 2000 when the French Franc was in the toilette. It was before the Euro came out.
The rest are my Duponts with the big one on the far left being a table lighter.