Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Apr 25, 2022
Title edited and shortened.

My 3 month old Xikar Resolute lighter turned into a butane welding torch with 3” flame after 3 months of gas guzzleling use and paint didnt last after careful storage in a dedicated hip pocket .
Had high hopes for reliability but……
Sent Xikar a memo , don’t dare let out their phone number to speak to anyone to dicusss what they will do about it . They did send me a case number. Awwww
Is it back to matches ?

Last edited by a moderator:

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
On the high end, I love my butane corona lighters. Can’t beat them, and I’ve tried quite a few over the years. Also, any of the old nimrods if you can find them, for a liquid fuel. Normally, I use a bic running around though.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I use a Jetline pipe lighter and have for about 3 years. Initial cost as $40 and $9.95 plus shipping one way for the warranty replacement 3 months ago. I gave up and went with a lifetime warranty product. It will cost me $15 and two weeks without a lighter everytime it stops working.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
On the high end, I love my butane corona lighters. Can’t beat them, and I’ve tried quite a few over the years. Also, any of the old nimrods if you can find them, for a liquid fuel. Normally, I use a bic running around though.
I've got a couple of IM Coronas but they're practically useless in the mildest of breezes. Out of the lot, the Zippo and Beattie are the most used.

20210829_145249.jpg