PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Visited Zurich today with my family. Zurich’s beautiful. It also has a small but very good pipe shop right in the middle of the medieval town centre: Tabak Laedeli. The owner speaks perfect English and has a stock of McClellands left, sadly only a few aromatics, blending tobaccos and a lot (15-20) tins of Bombay Court. I actually bought a tin of Virginia Woods from that shop some 6 months ago.
He told me he was the importer of McClelland for Europe. I had to ask if he had any of the flagships in a back drawer but he said they are long gone.
If anyone finds themselves in Zurich hit it up, good place. His house VaPer: flake Mixture 1800 is very good indeed.

Edit: got a tin of Capstan blue to try (again)
E15F1B4B-3DE3-4BE6-814A-EC377972A7B6.jpegEF538EE9-8EBA-4A97-93C7-128482AC73E2.jpeg

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
They have some favorites in 100g tins i love that wish we could get them here.
Yeah, those 100G Red Virginia have gone in the cellar, but not sure how long they will stay there. I am at the point where I put all but the Orlik, and small tins into my cellar. I just don't have the space to jar them up right now. I think the TAD has become a compulsion.

Status
Not open for further replies.