Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Help the rest of us out?

I went online to figure out what the name meant, really interesting.

Here's the old label. People frequently confused the "V" for a "B", etc:

hamborger-veermaster.jpg

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Another parcel made it through - this one I ordered through a mates name and address.
I give him 4oz of each pound as a thank you.

1lb MacBaren Vanilla Cream.
1lb Butternut Burley.

Hope that my fellow Aussies have been paying attention; November - December are the best months to get tobacco from overseas.
This is my 3rd x 2lb order over the last few weeks.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I had planned on waiting until December for my next order, but news of the SG/GH drops accelerated that timetable! I also took the opportunity to pick up a few other blends I'd been wanting to try, plus a few essentials.

sp_haul_1126.jpg

One tin each of the FVF and SJF had popped, so I jarred them immediately. The contents felt nice, thankfully. The other two SG tins still had that nice sucked-in feeling, so I rolled the dice and put them away as-is. I'm still a bit nervous about introducing mold or making other mistakes when jarring things up for long-term storage, so I'm reluctant to crack open a sealed tin and do it if not necessary...

(Sorry for the vertical pic, BTW. Counter space has been at a premium lately, so all I had was an awkward spot under the laundry chute in the basement. In retrospect, I could have turned everything 90 degrees and moved over to take a horizontal pic. Too late now, it's all put away. 😁 )

Last edited:

PennyStonks

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
I had planned on waiting until December for my next order, but news of the SG/GH drops accelerated that timetable! I also took the opportunity to pick up a few other blends I'd been wanting to try, plus a few essentials.

View attachment 183572

One tin each of the FVF and SJF had popped, so I jarred them immediately. The contents felt nice, thankfully. The other two SG tins still had that nice sucked-in feeling, so I rolled the dice and put them away as-is. I'm still a bit nervous about introducing mold or making other mistakes when jarring things up for long-term storage, so I'm reluctant to crack open a sealed tin and do it if not necessary...

(Sorry for the vertical pic, BTW. Counter space has been at a premium lately, so all I had was an awkward spot under the laundry chute in the basement. In retrospect, I could have turned everything 90 degrees and moved over to take a horizontal pic. Too late now, it's all put away. 😁 )
Did they send you the right ready rubbed? Last time I tried ordering some from SP I have no idea what they put in the bag but it had Latakia in it whatever it was

Reactions: FurCoat and chopper
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Did they send you the right ready rubbed? Last time I tried ordering some from SP I have no idea what they put in the bag but it had Latakia in it whatever it was
I hope so! This is my first time with Edgeworth RR Match. The chunky pieces look the part, and it smells heavily of cocoa, not Latakia. I’m going to smoke a bowl of it tomorrow if I can.

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
Placed a couple small orders recently to top off for the holidays.

8oz Luxury Twist Flake
6oz Country Squire Figgy Pudding

I told myself I would limit my cellar to the two large storage tubs I have. LOL, apparently I lie unabashedly. The desk in my office is now approaching full. A file drawer full of assorted jars. Two flats of jars and a lot of tins stashed behind the cupboard doors in the base and the hutch. I feel like Pettigrew in My Lady Nicotine where he is afraid to open the cupboard for fear of tobacco (cigars in his case) spilling forth!

Status
Not open for further replies.