PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Being a creature of habit, I decided to deviate from my usual picks and try some blends I’ve not had before, though all within my usual parameters:

- GLP Chelsea Morning
- Presbyterian
- SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve Flake
- C&D From Beyond

And of course a few tins of good old Capstan Blue, and by “a few” I wish I meant 50 puffy

I really enjoy Chelsea Morning. A milder English both in taste and strength, some might even call it an all day smoker

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I really enjoy Chelsea Morning. A milder English both in taste and strength, some might even call it an all day smoker

Of course there is a great reason GLP is famous particularly for his English blends. Westminster and Quiet Nights are top notch (but I repeat myself, as I'm constantly mentioning those two blends here). Lighter latakia blends have a lot of appeal at times when a little latakia sounds good, but a lat bomb sounds overwhelming, so I'm looking forward to Chelsea Morning as well as Presbyterian.

Like it's inspiration, Early Morning Pipe, I'm hoping Chelsea Morning will go well with a morning coffee with a bit of cream and sugar.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Couldn’t pass up the P&C $20 off a week ago - plus they still had some GH in stock. Grabbed a 500gr box of Louisiana Flake, a tin of Hansom Flake and rounded out the $100 with pipe cleaners. $86 to my door in 2 days - feels like stealin’ ?

Like many others here, I appreciate the customer service that comes from smaller e-tailers, though I do sometimes order from P&C. I took the opportunity to get a few tins of Capstan Blue, plus some White Knight as well because you never know if those damn deeming regulations are ever gonna kick in.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Couldn’t pass up the P&C $20 off a week ago - plus they still had some GH in stock. Grabbed a 500gr box of Louisiana Flake, a tin of Hansom Flake and rounded out the $100 with pipe cleaners. $86 to my door in 2 days - feels like stealin’ ?
A013C021-89B9-49D2-A25D-FF070F0F8BFC.jpeg
Ditto to everything stogie37 said. I just rounded mine up with Stonehenge and Capstan Blue Flake.

I thought I was finished with my GH&Co purchases, but that Louisiana Flake kept staring back at me, saying “you know it’s going to be a while before you see me again”.?

CNMoose

Lurker
Aug 26, 2020
Eastern Townships, Quebec, Canada
My first time posting in this section. A forum member introduced me to Watch City Cigar blends (Old Dominion was my first) and I have been a fan ever since. So when micro-batch project came up that was of interest, I bought!! That was back in July 29th and I finally got the package today. USPS tracking stated that the package left July 31st from Jamica NY and Canadian Post had it. But after 30 days, asking Canadian Post, they stated USPS never sent it. So waited some more and after 52 days or so, USPS stated the package was in NEW ZEALAND!!! Funny part, that was Sept 22nd, and today is Oct 1st...so 9 days to get back!! So finally my package of Micro-Batch GLASS SLIPPER was finally here, along with some Old Dominion (love this stuff). Now I'm off to smoke some Old Dominion and I need to write a little story on the Glass Slipper Bag! Cheers...Glass Slipper.jpg

Razorback

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Where does one find the new Locust Sun Bear? I have the old stuff but was curious about the recent release.

GCW

Can't Leave
Nov 17, 2019
Seattle

Thank you but as stated above they will not ship to WA State. Nor will Smoking Pipes. I was able to drop ship a tin to a generous forum member who is willing to forward it on to me. For now the tobacco mail order shipping restrictions have been applied to Maryland, South Dakota, Utah and WA State but I fear eventually that list will grow. 4noggins, Boswell and Peretti are willing to ship to WA State and are undoubtedly aware of the laws but for some reason are willing to risk it. I'm guessing that Laudisi and P&C are simply too large to fly under the radar when it comes down to it.

Inspired Idler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Denver, CO
My first time posting in this section. A forum member introduced me to Watch City Cigar blends (Old Dominion was my first) and I have been a fan ever since. So when micro-batch project came up that was of interest, I bought!! That was back in July 29th and I finally got the package today. USPS tracking stated that the package left July 31st from Jamica NY and Canadian Post had it. But after 30 days, asking Canadian Post, they stated USPS never sent it. So waited some more and after 52 days or so, USPS stated the package was in NEW ZEALAND!!! Funny part, that was Sept 22nd, and today is Oct 1st...so 9 days to get back!! So finally my package of Micro-Batch GLASS SLIPPER was finally here, along with some Old Dominion (love this stuff). Now I'm off to smoke some Old Dominion and I need to write a little story on the Glass Slipper Bag! Cheers...View attachment 100394
I would have written it off as lost or seized. Glad it finally made it to you!

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
My first time posting in this section. A forum member introduced me to Watch City Cigar blends (Old Dominion was my first) and I have been a fan ever since. So when micro-batch project came up that was of interest, I bought!! That was back in July 29th and I finally got the package today. USPS tracking stated that the package left July 31st from Jamica NY and Canadian Post had it. But after 30 days, asking Canadian Post, they stated USPS never sent it. So waited some more and after 52 days or so, USPS stated the package was in NEW ZEALAND!!! Funny part, that was Sept 22nd, and today is Oct 1st...so 9 days to get back!! So finally my package of Micro-Batch GLASS SLIPPER was finally here, along with some Old Dominion (love this stuff). Now I'm off to smoke some Old Dominion and I need to write a little story on the Glass Slipper Bag! Cheers...View attachment 100394
Oh well mail aged tobacco is the next best thing to cellar aged. ;-) As long as it was delivered. Looking forward to your thoughts on Glass Slipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.