PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Small order from 4N...
Keen to try Storm Front, smells amazing.
The University Flake is alot darker than I expected it to be, don't know why I had that mental image though.
The Amphora Burley has an interesting pouch note!, first whiff was a full on tawny port slap to the face then all I can smell is like a tropical fruit juice smell, with a little chocolate.. sounds weird I know.
The UF tin note to be honest is sickly sweet, a bit over the top - so I'm airing it out for the day.
Too windy for me to smoke today so will have to wait.

Attachments

• 20210924_105416.jpg
    20210924_105416.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 2

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
My family and I are at the beach for the week so my wife told me to stop by Low Country Pipes and Cigars and get that part of the trip out of my system. I visit the store about six times a year. So here is my score today:

8oz PS LNF
8oz PS LTF
3 100 gram tins of Sillems Black
The Sillems was in the dented tin bin. I got it for 12.95 a tin. I couldn't pass that up.

So as I was browsing and talking shop with some of the fine gentleman at Low Country, I expressed that it was ashame that they were out of PS LBF. One of the gentlemen went to the back and came out with a jar, his personal jar, of 2014 LBF and gave me a generous sample of this well aged tobacco. The folks at Smokingpipes \ Low Country are a class act and I can't say enough good things about my experience every time I visit their store. 20210925_211002.jpg
20210925_211035.jpg20210925_210953.jpg

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Being a creature of habit, I decided to deviate from my usual picks and try some blends I’ve not had before, though all within my usual parameters:

- GLP Chelsea Morning
- Presbyterian
- SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve Flake
- C&D From Beyond

I just ordered at my neighborhood tobacconist. 50 tin more than Capstan Blue Original Navy Cut..............Before the year is out, just in case............

And of course a few tins of good old Capstan Blue, and by “a few” I wish I meant 50 puffy

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Being a creature of habit, I decided to deviate from my usual picks and try some blends I’ve not had before, though all within my usual parameters:

- GLP Chelsea Morning
- Presbyterian
- SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve Flake
- C&D From Beyond

And of course a few tins of good old Capstan Blue, and by “a few” I wish I meant 50 puffy
Very good choice friend lawdawg. I love this damn tobacco............................

Status
Not open for further replies.