PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brachra

Lurker
Sep 15, 2021
New Mexico USA
You don’t mess around. That is more than my entire cellar.

Very jealous of the amount of Erinmore Flake and Orlik Golden Sliced you’ve got there. That amount would cost about USD $3,200 over here in Australia.
Just in erinmore and orlik? Or everything combined? That's horrible either way. Are there ways to get things sent to you or is it all heavily policed?

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Just in erinmore and orlik? Or everything combined? That's horrible either way. Are there ways to get things sent to you or is it all heavily policed?
That’s just for the Erinmore and Orlik. Its about US$100 for a 2oz tin. Most of that is taxes.

Luckily I have a reasonable stash from when it was still possible to order tobacco in online from the US or elsewhere. With a bit of luck most of that didn’t get hit by taxes on the way in.

Since about a year and a half of so it is illegal to import tobacco by mail unless you have an import license. You are allowed to take in 25 grams of tobacco duty free on your person when you come into the country. I would have to use my wife’s allowance as well to bring in just a single 50 g tin. Seems like the rest of the world is heading in this direction as well, so better get your stash sorted while you can.

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Yeah, I gone and done it again, this is 3 orders in the last week.
- Drucquer & Sons Devil's Own 1 tin
- Ashton Gold Rush 1 tin
- Warped Until the End 1 tin
- Newminster No400 Superior Navy Flake 2oz.
- Sutliff 515 RC-1 2oz.
- Sutliff 507C Virginia Slices 2oz.
- Low Country Natural Virginia 2oz.
- Captain Black Gold 7oz Can

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
You don’t mess around. That is more than my entire cellar.

Very jealous of the amount of Erinmore Flake and Orlik Golden Sliced you’ve got there. That amount would cost about USD $3,200 over here in Australia.
And I thought tobacco in europe was expensive.... 20 tins of 100g orlik at €23 a tin will set you back €460. 15 tins of Presbyterian at €17 a tin about €250.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Yeah but even this (While still outrageous) seems "Reasonable" compared to Australia. Australia must hate its own people quite a bit. No offense Australia people.
Next to that most countries have a ban on import from outside of the EU like australia. I'm member of the FOH forum, which also has a own shop with perfectly aged cigars. I'm not allowed to buy those and ship them to me. I'm not allowed to order from for example SP.com. I can order "American" brands like C&D or GLP from Sindaco in Switzerland, but I'll have to pick it up (1000 miles round-trip) with the risk being checked on the border with Germany or France. I'm glad I can still order at estervals but how long that will be possible is a big questionmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.