PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I've got some Wilke Lizzie Blood Red Virginia & some Country Squire Hunting Creek on the way. puffy Pretty stoked.

Hunting Creek is really nice, hope you enjoy it! To be honest, I haven't had a bad blend from The Country Squire yet. ✅

Old Toby is my favorite, but I also recommend Black n Tan, White Rose (unique in a good way!) and the widely loved Rivendell.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Hunting Creek is really nice, hope you enjoy it! To be honest, I haven't had a bad blend from The Country Squire yet. ✅

Old Toby is my favorite, but I also recommend Black n Tan, White Rose (unique in a good way!) and the widely loved Rivendell.

This is my first time ordering anything from the country squire. ? I've been on the hunt for a good English Aromatic this past week and I'm hoping that Hunting Creek will be perfect. Any suggestions on that front?

I'm not opposed to ordering more from them going forward.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
This is my first time ordering anything from the country squire. ? I've been on the hunt for a good English Aromatic this past week and I'm hoping that Hunting Creek will be perfect. Any suggestions on that front?

I’ve also enjoyed their Northwest Trek, another English Aro. Might be worth trying an ounce or two in your next order.
Northwest Trek (English Aromatic) - The Country Squire Tobacconist - https://www.thecountrysquireonline.com/product/northwest-trek-english-aromatic/

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota

Sutliff Aromatic English and C&D Voodoo Queen are both good English Aros. Both lean more towards the English side. Lane HGL is good, and it leans more towards the aromatic side.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I appreciate it. ? English Aromatic seems like a difficult genre to get 'right' and few blenders even offer it. It's a shame.
I'll also recommend Esoterica St Ives and it's big bros, And So To Bed and Pembroke, as my absolute favorite Aromatic Englishes. SI and ASTB remind me of Fruit Stripe gum!

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Lucked up at the last P&C drop and scored the 2nd to last tin of Margate! Also scored a jar of Penzance from the same drop from @BROBS as well as some aged Peterson Hyde Park and some G&H Rum Flake for comparison. On my P&C order was also a few ozs of Elizabethan Match to age just because it gets so much love on the forum! All set for the mandatory social distancing ???

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
I'll also recommend Esoterica St Ives and it's big bros, And So To Bed and Pembroke, as my absolute favorite Aromatic Englishes. SI and ASTB remind me of Fruit Stripe gum!
If you ever spot Esoterica St. Ives, it's a wonderful English aromatic crossover.

Thank you for the suggestions, gentleman! ? But I see how people fight tooth and nail over those little golden bags and I'm afraid to fall in love with something so scarce. I like to buy in bulk and cellar my favorites deeply.

Fruit stripe gum is an interesting take on the flavor profile.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Thank you for the suggestions, gentleman! ? But I see how people fight tooth and nail over those little golden bags and I'm afraid to fall in love with something so scarce. I like to buy in bulk and cellar my favorites deeply.

Understandable, but if you do ever get curious enough to take the Esoterica plunge, these are amongst the easiest of them all to find in B&Ms.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago

You are most welcome. Your concerns are understandable but its also usually the last one left so it is find-able when there is a drop. I've also taken to just adding some C&D or G&H Latakia to some aromatics from time to time (at about 25%). Latakia doesn't age well in a blend, it loses its punch so you want to either 1. add it fresh to your aros or 2. cellar it separately in smaller jars jammed as tight as possible so it doesn't age as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.