PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
Just found and ordered:

2x MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian
1x MacBaren HH Dark Twist Roll Cake (25 years old)
That Roll Cake is probably made with Perique instead of DFK. I've had a tin said to be from the early 80s and it started out subtle and nuanced but faded pretty fast after the tin was opened. It tasted like pancakes for a week or 2. I still have a few bowls left I need to revisit.

Reactions: shanez

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Bad picture, but good first Estervals order :)
They included W.O. Larsen Craftsman Edition, apparently a Va, Bur, Cavendish with almond flavouring - smells pretty sweet but hey, can't complain about free tobacco! Really like the chunky 250g St Bernard Flake, as well as the aesthetic of the HU cans. View attachment 24049
Karam: I recommend to smoke or at least jar the Larson tobacco asap.. since the plastic bag is not really sealed (had 2 of those in my own Estervals orders).

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Karam: I recommend to smoke or at least jar the Larson tobacco asap.. since the plastic bag is not really sealed (had 2 of those in my own Estervals orders).

Cheers, already did, the jar I use for it is not for very long-term storage, but it'll keep for the month it will take me to finish.

Are they just flogging them with every order? It mustn't be a very popular blend!

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Latakia doesn't age well in a blend, it loses its punch so you want to either 1. add it fresh to your aros or 2. cellar it separately in smaller jars jammed as tight as possible so it doesn't age as much.

Great advice ? I have noticed that my Englishes lose their punch if left a bag or pouch for too long. It's about time I tried my hand at blending anyhow.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Decided it was time to do some more sampling, so I ordered one ounce of a number of the Sutliff Match blends, as well as some of the old "Scotty's" series blends from P&C. They told me it would be a while before they could ship, which is OK - still finishing up my latest batch of explorations - Watch City and IRC, for those who might be interested.

Jun 9, 2018
England
10g samples of:
Gawith's Broken Scotch Cake Chocolate
Gawith's Brown Flake Aromatic
Gawith's Brown Twist Black Cherry
Gawith's Brown Twist Sweet Rum
JF Germain's Plum Cake
25g Gawith's Ennerdale Flake
25g Gawith's Reunion Series Bourbon Flake
50g Samuel Gawith No.4 Twist
50g Solani Aged Burley Flake