PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzbdano

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2016
Anything I need to know before diving in? I want to make the most of these 50g. Should I crack the tin and wait a few days? Any tricks/tips as far as rubbing out (or NOT rubbing out)?
I believe 2010 flakes are the chunky thicker flakes like what they tinned up until they closed shop in 2018. I just grab a couple peices of the broken flakes and press and roll them between my palms then fluff up the ball of ribbons and load. If it's the old school thin sliced broken flakes I break it up a little more and gravity fill with a light tamp. I've never felt the need to dry a McClelland blend. I'd smoke a bowl right after your done sniffing tin and again at regular intervals so you can experience the changes, if any. I should warn you though, the first bowl has a pretty good chance of distorting your perception of all other Virginias forever.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I've been buying a lot lately, but the tobacco I'm most excited about is arriving this evening via USPS. It's a 50g tin of McClelland Blackwoods Flake from 2010.

I've never had any McClelland before. I'm worried I should have just left it that way since the tobaccos are no longer available. Only a fool breaks his own heart, and so forth.

Anything I need to know before diving in? I want to make the most of these 50g. Should I crack the tin and wait a few days? Any tricks/tips as far as rubbing out (or NOT rubbing out)?

Crack it open and smoke a bowl. Should't need much drying time. It's one of my favorites. I rub it out as it's more of a broken flake than a true flake. If you try to fold it it will break apart. Do what works for you.

Enjoy!

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
In the last week or so I've ordered:

2x Esoterica 8oz Pembroke
1x Esoterica 8oz And So To Bed
1x Esoterica 8oz Dunbar
1x Frog Morton 50g Cellar
1x Samuel Gawith 50g 1792 Flake
4x Samuel Gawith 250g Full Virginia Flake
10x C&D 2oz Chenet's Cake
5x Mac Baren HH 1.75oz Acadian Perique
5x Peterson 1.75oz University Flake
5x Peterson 1.75oz De Luxe Navy Roll
1x GH&C 2oz Bulk American Delight
1x GH&C 2oz Bulk Balkan Mixture
1x GH&C 2oz Bulk Black Twist Sliced

That should keep me busy for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.