Real Codger Stuff.. Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Am I the only one who stores a dedicated briar inside of a tub?

My GRANGER pipes live their lives bathed in GRANGER, absorbing all of that rich tobacco and always emerge sweet smelling and ready for my next smoke.

Mind you, I thoroughly clean my pipes each morning and I ONLY smoke in the mornings. (Paper towel to bowl, pipe cleaner throughout, wipe stem)

I leave my clean, disassembled pipes within my Granger. I visit it 24 hours later.

On the go, I grab the can and toss in the car.

A sweet smelling pipe emerges with a smooth cake and seldom need to “deep clean” using spirits.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Anotherbob has the gift. He’s Right! And Cosmicfolklore, it’s been nearly 3 years, which strangely coincides with my living with my girlfriend. But MSO488 is spot on! Nirvana.

Mind you, Aro Smokers should heed the “Viewer Discretion Adviso” because I’d just as soon Store my pipe in a bag of Carnival Cotton Candy than leave it in a sticky Cavendish.

Burly works.

But it appears, I’ve invented a practice out of necessity, the mother of invention and am sharing to see if I’m alone.

I do only smoke in the mornings.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Those briars have ascended to pipe nirvana, kissed by the essence of rough cut burley and molasses. Members may have doubts, but the pipes don't. May they rest in ... well... rough cut Kentucky and molasses.
Mso489, when I was younger, I’d daydream about visiting “I dream of Jeanie’s bottle” As I’ve matured, I wouldn’t mind swimming in a can of granger. You know, maybe make some snow angels.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
My question: How long does it take the pipe to also begin to experience the effects of the "Wellman's Process" thereby truly elevating it to the heights of pipe smoking nirvana referenced in mso's post above?
Melv,
I dunno if STG even knows what the Welman Process is. I only know that for me to stay well man, the garage best smell like Fabreeze when the boss gets home.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
After reading this, I'm warming up to the idea. I think I'll put my Grand Duke in a tub of SWR and take that to work. No more having to worry with a pouch.
FurCoat,
My pipes smell clean and sweet “before” they go in the Baccy (cleaned and disassembled) and they emerge smelling edible.

An all day smoker likely couldn’t get away with this me thinks. A once daily “magic hour” Yes.

24 to 48 hours recharges my Pipe. (I alternate two) A Field n Stream, meer-lined with that stinger contraption meant to use a pipe cleaner as a filter (if anyone remembers these) and a favorite Briar Basket.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
FurCoat,
My pipes smell clean and sweet “before” they go in the Baccy (cleaned and disassembled) and they emerge smelling edible.

An all day smoker likely couldn’t get away with this me thinks. A once daily “magic hour” Yes.

24 to 48 hours recharges my Pipe. (I alternate two) A Field n Stream, meer-lined with that stinger contraption meant to use a pipe cleaner as a filter (if anyone remembers these) and a favorite Briar Basket.
Noted. I wipe out the bowl and run a pipe cleaner through the stem every smoke. My codger blends all have dedicated pipes. This works out great for me and opens up space on the pipe stand. Like a need another excuse to buy a pipe. I can't let the wife know, I think she's close to staging an intervention.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
I tend to leave my appointed pipe laid down before a tub of Granger surrounded by candles and incense when genuflecting and praying for a hassle free smoke. I gather this to be true of all my smokes.

Oh, great Granger, heed the prayer of this poor soul...