PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I love when my pipe smoking hits someone's nostalgia centers. Including when they're my own. There are a few blends I only enjoy for that reason. Captain Blacks aroma does it for me. It seems to be the one men smoked around here when I was a kid. Reminds me of that fascination on what seemed almost like a secret society.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Welcome @KJB form Sydney, Oz
Like you I quit years ago when the kids came along.
My 2 boys are now in their 30’s but unlike yours, mine are ardent non-smokers.
I got back to smoking pipes a few years ago.
I do envy you having 2 sons who share the joy of pipes.

Thanks for sharing your story.
And wishing you many happy smokes with your boys puffy

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hello and welcome from West Virginia. I imagine that your sons got a kick out of telling the "old man" a few things. It was probably as great a joy for them as it was for you. Welcome aboard.

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
Hello Ken!

I've had a pipe for 21 years now, and you can usually find me with a big stinky English. However, BCA is still one of my absolute favorites.

Welcome from Georgia!

KJB

Lurker
Jan 16, 2023
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the warm greetings. I have been enjoying reading articles and the forums here on Pipesmagazine. It seems like a genuinely courteous and well mannered group of people. Exactly what I need with a pipe smoke after being out there in the real world all day. I look forward to your company. With best regards to all, Ken

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Terrific !

There are plenty of pipe smokers in their 70s, 80s, & even in the 90s, doing great ! Not too many cigarette smokers in those same age groups who can claim the same. Pipes are nothing like cigs - though most non pipers don’t know that.

Welcome back !

Mac

Reactions: edger

Thanos

Lurker
Jan 11, 2023
Athens, Greece
I smoked pipe as a younger guy but quit at 32 when I started a family. My dad and grandpa were pipe smokers and I knew that is why I smoked a pipe. My wife didn't want our kids smoking, so that habit went. Ironically, 3 of my sons are now pipe smokers (go figure, must be genetic). They bought me a Savinelli Roma 606 KS and some Cult Blood Red Moon and Peterson Royal Yacht tobaccos for Christmas. It was the first time we were all together in 3 years, and we had a Christmas smoke together. Funny thing, I forgot a few things over the last 30 years and my kids were giving me tips. Enjoying it so much I ordered some Lane BCA from the local tobacco store. That BCA tastes and smells just like I remember, and boy oh boy, did old memories of my dad and grandpa come flooding back to me. Well, after a 30 year run, my wife and I parted ways amicably and..... here I am. My name is Ken and I am from Minnesota.
So nice to have these moments with your sons!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
This clay pipe smoking Redcoat welcomes you to the forum from Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England.
Going to the Sealed Knot Battle of Nantwich this weekend; got some GH brown twist and C&D Winchester to smoke in my clay pipes at the event. No smoking on the battlefield; Clay pipes and gunpowder DO NOT MIX:)