PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

KJB

Lurker
Jan 16, 2023
I smoked pipe as a younger guy but quit at 32 when I started a family. My dad and grandpa were pipe smokers and I knew that is why I smoked a pipe. My wife didn't want our kids smoking, so that habit went. Ironically, 3 of my sons are now pipe smokers (go figure, must be genetic). They bought me a Savinelli Roma 606 KS and some Cult Blood Red Moon and Peterson Royal Yacht tobaccos for Christmas. It was the first time we were all together in 3 years, and we had a Christmas smoke together. Funny thing, I forgot a few things over the last 30 years and my kids were giving me tips. Enjoying it so much I ordered some Lane BCA from the local tobacco store. That BCA tastes and smells just like I remember, and boy oh boy, did old memories of my dad and grandpa come flooding back to me. Well, after a 30 year run, my wife and I parted ways amicably and..... here I am. My name is Ken and I am from Minnesota.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Thanks for sharing your story. That’s wild that all of your sons took up the pipe despite you not smoking one in front of them. It really must be in your blood! Welcome to the forum.

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
Welcome from California! A Savinelli Roma 606 was my first ”real” pipe - your boys have great taste :)