PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I know best practice is to go slow and easy, however, sometimes i only have a few minutes to get some puffs in... could anyone recommend tobaccos that you can really put the hammer down and puff away without getting torched? Maintaining flavor while being quick puffed would be an important factor as well. thanks!
I think if I only had 10-15 minutes and didn’t want to just smoke a partial bowl (which would definitely be my advice), I might turn to one of those tinned small cigars from Punch, Romeo & Julieta, Montecruz, etc.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I do quite a bit of my smoking incrementally, sometimes leaving a partially smoked bowl overnight. It seems to keep just fine, and it saves packing more than once. You don't have to rely on shag blends, small pipes, or partial bowls. although those can serve the purposes as well. Whatever is convenient at the time.

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
As mentioned before 5 Brothers in a smallish pipe will certainly work. I will also add that if time is at a premium and you want a quick smoke, Tabac Manil Le Petit Robin will RYO about as fine a cigarette as ive ever tasted, it still tastes 'pipey'.

Reactions: blackpowderpiper