New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Shag cut blends are my go to for quick smokes (or ribbon cut bulk blends)
GLP Penny Farthing and G&H Dark Birds Eye are my go-to shags. Occasionally I'll smoke some Five Brothers, or add it to another blend.
Match Victorian and Pegasus are two great bulk blends for quick smokes. None of these really require any dry time or prep. Just stuff and puff blends that taste great

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I know best practice is to go slow and easy, however, sometimes i only have a few minutes to get some puffs in... could anyone recommend tobaccos that you can really put the hammer down and puff away without getting torched? Maintaining flavor while being quick puffed would be an important factor as well. thanks!
I probably already said it but what I use for that is. My tiny little pipe the metal blowfish by Tsuge. It's a kick ass pipe. It's chamber is the same dimensions as are typical in the Kiseru (those samurai smoking pipes) but it's briar. And I smoke either five brothers or semois in it. Either of those are strong enough in both nic and flavor to give a short smoke that sates ones urge to smoke for a little bit. But you're not going to get more by extra puffing on anything except weed which leads to my half serious suggestion. Get a water pipe and then you can torch a bowl of whatever blend and not get tongue bite. IT won't be enjoyable but it will functionally work. (never underestimate the things a bored teenager will try, a bored 40 year old will ask around first to find out who has done it and what they have to say about it).

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
No fun in smoking for such a short time for me. Maybe it is for you. But if you are just looking for nicotine then just vape, snus, nic pouch or whatever fast option is possible. The experience is better if you smoke longer.

Reactions: Briar Tuck
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I just invented a game* on this topic -- Smoke Break Roulette. Hop outside and light your pipe. Your smoking time is how ever long it stays lit. Goes out right away? Too bad, get back to work. 10 minutes? Ace! Stays lit for an hour and you get fired? Rules are rules! 😁

* more likely, I'm just the latest in a long line of idiots to think so...

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I usually reserve this quick-smoking thing for latakia blends. I occasionally like the flavor of latakia but I get bored of it quickly, so if I know I do not have a lot of time, or if it's cold outside I'll smoke a pinch of something latakia and be thankful when it's over.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
To second what some others have already said, some shag cut tobacco (like anything from Daughters & Ryan) in a small pipe like a MM Short Stop or Eaton has been my go-to quick smoke for a while. I used to smoke Smoker's Pride Rich Taste (another shag cut) in a Short Stop all the time when I only wanted a 5 minute or less smoke.

Reactions: aspiring_sage

JackOrion

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2023
West Yonkers California
To each their own. If I don’t have the time to sit down and leisurely enjoy a pipe, then it’s simply not the right time for it. Usually it’s a 1.5-2 hour endeavor that I engage in only once a day. Occasionally I may have a morning and evening session and often none at all. Sometimes I can’t get to it for weeks on end.

For me smoking a pipe has to be something to look forward to rather than being a slave to. The nicotine is the byproduct of the means not the means in itself.