PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I saw Anthrax in the mid-90s at The Clash of the Titans with Slayer, Megadeath and Alice in Chains opening. I was there for Slayer but distinctly remember Anthrax having a great set.
Never seen any of em live but the missus got me the Big 4 DVD of their concert in Sofia, Bulgaria (with Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax) mainly for Metallica and Megadeth.

Needless to say I was cursing myself for not having any of their albums along with Slayer.

That concert for me now is Megadeth - Anthrax - Slayer with Metallica last ?

Reactions: Carol and JOHN72

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
"license and Registration please?" followed by "How fast will this car go?" WHAT?????? ?
After license and registration
"Mind telling me why you're going so fast?"
" I just put in a new engine and wanted to see what it could do"
"Did you find out?"
"Yes sir"
"Don't do that shit no more"
True story, trooper gave a warning ticket for exceeding 55 at approximate speed of 135 mph.
The car was a 1971 Chevy Nova with a Corvette 327/375 3 speed. I still have the car.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
There’s a time and place…. My generosity flows like a river, but it has limits.
come on, be a sport. Surely you’ve heard a good one here and there over the years.
Hmmmm. There are questions I dislike but I think it isn’t so much the question as it is the attitude behind the question.

“Can you give me some money?” Almost always voiced by a relative. To which I always answer, ”Yes, but you will need to wait a few months so I can get a second job so I can earn the money.” To which they then hang up.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
To clarify, it isn’t so much the question I might dislike,but the attitude of disrespect that goes with the question. I do have issues with callus disrespect. Almost as much of an issue with me as I have with the classism shown by people toward others whom they feel are beneath them professionally. As a teacher, I bumped up against this a lot given where I live. People always seemed to be curious how I could afford to live where I did.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Many people often ask impertinent/intrusive questions, even here now and then. They were never taught boundaries or to curb their curiosity. I tend to inform them, as an aingesiour, of their lack of social skills.

"What's your most expensive pipe?"
"What do you carry?"
How many guns do you have?"
Why don't you have more pipes?"
How did you afford that?
Why do you have so much money and I don't?
And, so on, ad infinitum.

The answer to any and all such prying is usually to ignore the source, sometimes berate but, never to provice an answer. Well, unless I can do so caustically and sarcastically. And, most important, slide such an answer past the mods, One in particular. He knows who he is. bdw

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
On the other hand, everyone asks tactless, clueless, or inappropriate questions from time to time, and often realizes the problem as soon as they finish speaking. So you've go to forgive yourself and just learn from the experiences. If you ride yourself and belittle yourself for these mistakes, it only makes you more prone to repeat them.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
"What do you do?" in the first 10 mins for meeting a person at a party or such and always from a fellow American.
I thought about posting this very question—I don't actually hate it, but, I find it a terribly unimaginative way of breaking the ice at a party. My late ex-girlfriend did hate that question. She didn't want to talk about work, especially at a party (she was a personal injury lawyer). My version is more along the lines of "What do you like to do for fun?" It often provides more entertaining answers than jobs—people tend light up when they talk about things they enjoy and are passionate about.

There is a question that is a dead give away that you are a native of St. Loius?

Anyone know it?

”What High School did you go to?”
Here, it is, "Alabama or Auburn?" At birth, your football team is assigned to you, and you must stick to that team till death. The football storks passed right over my birthing. Ohhh, I pretended to be an Auburn fan through middle school. It was just a blue and orange windbreaker and a vinyl gym bag with a tiger on it. But, i was just kiddin' myself. It was a lie. I really didn't give a crap about football. I tried watching a few games, but they're so damned long and confusing.... with all of those random points each thing counts. When I was teaching at Alabama, I remember standing on walkway on the fourth floor, watching them burn a paper mache Auburn football player in effigy at the pep rally... and thinking... this is the stupidest sport I have ever heard of. Of course, latter on I learned about kricket, so there's that. puffy

I've actually enjoyed all of this. I feel like I've learned a lot. I'm not sure what exactly, but it's good to explore... stuff.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
I hate when the fam and I have plans to do something, and the wife says, “My parents want to tag along. Is that ok?”. ??‍♂️ In-laws….*shudder*
That’s actually not a question, it’s telling you in the form of a question. It deserves a one word response in question form… “No?” Generally followed by another one from her “Really?” The volley begins…Who said losing couldn’t be fun…?

To be honest, nobody is stupid, if they ask you stupid questions, you answer with affection. And you answer, that's a good question, so good that I don't have enough saliva, spit, to send you to hell, you fucking rabbit with the flu.View attachment 128057
You are such a cute and inviting teddy bear stuffed with broken glass and bits of broken wire. Ha ha.