PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Prairie Slap GIF - Prairie Slap Ouch GIFs
LOL, that you would even know that was out there! Love it.

Then there's that famous question, "Who do you think you are?" Wait a minute, I've got my i.d. in my wallet. Let me see. Or, who would you like me to be?
My wife's spontaneous response to invasive questions is "why do you want to know?" It puts nosey people in their place and puts the question back on them.
We lived next door to each other and dated for 9 years before marrying, so we got a lot of... when are you getting married?
And, her, "why do you want to know?" tended to stump them in their place.

Then when we were going backstage to John Prine's dressing room between sets at one of his concerts... we were given passes by the director. A security guy asked us who we thought we were... Mrs Cos came back with "why do you want to know?" And, low and behold, he paused, thought about it, and just stood aside. I swear that woman gets away with hundreds of times more mouthy stuff than me, ha ha.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
My wife's spontaneous response to invasive questions is "why do you want to know?" It puts nosey people in their place and puts the question back on them.
We lived next door to each other and dated for 9 years before marrying, so we got a lot of... when are you getting married?
And, her, "why do you want to know?" tended to stump them in their place.

Then when we were going backstage to John Prine's dressing room between sets at one of his concerts... we were given passes by the director. A security guy asked us who we thought we were... Mrs Cos came back with "why do you want to know?" And, low and behold, he paused, thought about it, and just stood aside. I swear that woman gets away with hundreds of times more mouthy stuff than me, ha ha.
Just replying to give a nod to "The Missing Years"!

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Off topic, but in Birmingham, I make sure I have a few fivers on me to give the panhandlers, because it is obvious that there are some mental health or real poverty issues. But, In Ashville the panhandlers are all kids who live on the streets to do drugs and live "free" :::cough cough:::
I do the same in São Paulo.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I have no cash, can I pay you later?

You're going to the store? Can you pick something up for me?

Oh, you're going out for lunch? Can you bring me something back?

Can you stop and get me gas?

Can I borrow your truck? I bought something that won't fit in my car?

You bought a camper? Can I borrow it next weekend?