12 Fresh Johs Pipes
12 Fresh Winslow Pipes
4 Fresh Todd Johnson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I should keep this pipe related so I am sorry to the mods and Keven for not doing so.

For me there is no question that bothered me when talking pipes and tobacco. We were all newbies once and any question if a good question. I still learn new stuff on a regular basis.
to ask how much a pipe costs but I can't help it
I know it is gouache but how am I going to learn what pipes are worth what kind of money. I have no problem answering when people ask me.
No no no, this string is in the general category. It doesn't HAVE to be pipe related, and I enjoyed your reply. Let me guess, I bet you hate being asked "why did you start this same thread again?" puffy

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I used to really hate when my first ex wife(who was Bi) would ask if her girlfriend could come over for a couple of days of sex and drugs? Who was I to say know as my wife's friend was a srtipper and my exwife could have been.
Harris,

I truly admire and rejoice in the chaste refinement you bring to this otherwise tawdry cesspool of a forum.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Ohhh, this needs further explanation. On the forums there are no stupid questions... well, I guess some people are trying harder than others, but nevermind... I didn't mean on here.
Oh c'mon. Sure there are stupid questions, thousands of them. They make for hilarious conversation at Zoom meetings.

But, which tobacco should I buy?
Its Kind Of A Dumb Movie GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Whether I hate a question or not depends on context.

If I'm trying to remain focused on some intricate task at hand and someone tries to get my attention I'll hate the interruption, the question, and the person, in equal measure, at least at that moment.

For the most part I don't care about questions.

One of my faves is when someone walks up to me while I'm doing a sketch or painting outdoors and says, "Did you do that?"

I get that it's meant to be a conversation opener, but unless uttered by a child of less than 10, it indicates to me that your IQ is less that that of a deceased decapitated rabbit.

I've got the pencil in hand, the pad in my lap. Who else is likely responsible for the atrocity on the page? Perhaps interdimensional beings from the gamma quadrant have drawn it and placed it on the pad mere nanoseconds before you slithered up?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
work security at many fancy parties here in Aspen. Stupid questions are the norm. Successful/famous people like to have people around who make them feel smart.
Yeah, but a lot of those famous and successful people would be hard pressed to find people dumber than they are. They have a talent, but that doesn't always translate to an intellect.

Whether I hate a question or not depends on context.

If I'm trying to remain focused on some intricate task at hand and someone tries to get my attention I'll hate the interruption, the question, and the person, in equal measure, at least at that moment.

For the most part I don't care about questions.

One of my faves is when someone walks up to me while I'm doing a sketch or painting outdoors and says, "Did you do that?"

I get that it's meant to be a conversation opener, but unless uttered by a child of less than 10, it indicates to me that your IQ is less that that of a deceased decapitated rabbit.

I've got the pencil in hand, the pad in my lap. Who else is likely responsible for the atrocity on the page? Perhaps interdimensional beings from the gamma quadrant have drawn it and placed it on the pad mere nanoseconds before you slithered up?
At art shows, I do hear a lot of similarly dumb questions, like when they pick up a bracelet I've made and ask me which parts I did. I always have to stop and check myself, because I don't like to insult potential customers too fast, ha ha. There's always time for that after they've paid. puffy