PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcnabb

Might Stick Around
Feb 19, 2024
They don't say. Probably an old family joke - it's an old family company.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Rich started on eBay in the mid 00’s, then got the website going a couple years later.

Reactions: dcon

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
And ultimately, that’s what’s important, especially for our overseas friends.
We have problem here in my country. The only non-aromatic blends here is, davidoff flake medallion, davidoff English mixture, davidoff Scottish mixture, and Peterson's nightcap, early morning pipe, my mixture 965. Only 6 blends. The rest of them are aromatics like Captain Black etc.

Overall around 30 blends.

Reactions: jpberg

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
And ultimately, that’s what’s important, especially for our overseas friends.
And this is what is ultimately important.
Rich went off the hook prior to selling out, ruined a lot of people, yours truly included, from giving him any more money.
But that’s an easy putt for us stateside guys who don’t feel the pain.
So regardless of that nonsense, if this new boy is getting our friends across the pond something they enjoy for a reasonable cost, hell, let’s just say hoorah and keep it going.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
They were a quality vendor in the past, but they have changed hands a couple of times since then and not for the better.
Oh I think definitely for the better.
Rich had alienated a large portion of his stateside customers, in fact, he told us he didn’t need us.
So the new guy is definitely a change for the better.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Thank you everyone. I may give them a try, but I will definitely try mixing my own with the recipe above. Just need to hit my local B&M and see if they have the 3 in bulk.
I have been told that Sutliff 1M and 1M vanilla is the same thing if it matters. Also, P&C and Smokingpipes have the ingredients readily available if your local store does not have them.

I used to order from Tewksbury semi-often and Hobbit's Weed was always in the order. I won't order the match for some of the same reasons listed already.

Apr 6, 2024
Marchand, Manitoba, Canada
It would be nice to see what the date was on some of your orders. Like others, i had really good experience with them until early 2024. I guess its like others say. New owners? It took months for me to figure out what happened to my package and get a refund once i figured it out. I actually filed a paypal dispute and then 4noggins refunded quickly.

frenchdipper

Lurker
May 28, 2024
hello I ordered on May 14 still nothing sent I tried to contact them by email several times no response and I don't speak English well to call them... I've never had a problem but I have a big problem, there you go

frenchdipper

Lurker
May 28, 2024
Commandé le 15 mai, mais le colis n'a pas encore été expédié:(
bonjour j'ai commandé le 14 mai toujours rien envoyé j'ai essayé de les contacter par mail plusieurs fois pas de réponse et je ne parle pas bien anglais pour les appeler... je n'ai jamais eu de problème mais j'ai un gros problème, voilà aller

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
bonjour j'ai commandé le 14 mai toujours rien envoyé j'ai essayé de les contacter par mail plusieurs fois pas de réponse et je ne parle pas bien anglais pour les appeler... je n'ai jamais eu de problème mais j'ai un gros problème, voilà aller
No worry, Jeff apologised and explained what happened ; all delayed orders will hopefully be shipped this week:

"Roland, unfortunately we had a labeling problem with many orders and they are being returned to us by our freight consolidator for re-labeling. We hope to have all parcels reshipped this week. You will receive the new tracking code when the parcel ships. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience".

Status
Not open for further replies.