PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
You don't have to purposely count on it or purposely puff hard. Just breathe in and out in a normal pace, when the ember goes out, use tamper, or re-light, that's it. It doesn't mind and doesn't matter how many times you re-light your pipe, it's normal to re-light pipe. So, just smoke it relax ?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I light my pipe, get a good cherry going and then the rest is automatic and I don't have to think about it. Usually half way down i will dump ash, scrape the sides of the bowl and tamp lightly. That usually gets me to the bottom of the bowl. Once in a w]while I get involved with reading something and forget to smoke. I just relight if there is a little amount of ash and just keep smoking. If I have trouble lighting right away, I will look to dump ash and tamp before lighting.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
是的,你让我重新注意到了这个事实,我相信这对理解呼吸很有帮助!非常感谢!
i think i just figured out the reason the question was asked in such an odd style. The wonders of google translate. Fun game take nearly anything in your native tongue and send it through several randomly picked languages then back to your native tongue, three or four seems to be the peak level for the making of ha has

Reactions: kcghost

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
I am a newcomer and have been reading a lot of people' posts about breathing. I got a lot of advice and harvest, but the standard is confusing me. I wanted to try to establish something that could be quantified, so I came up with the idea that when you light a pipe, the force of inhalation should be about the same, if the size of the pipe is not confusing. So my question is, How many times as hard do you breathe when you light a pipe as you do when you keep it burning?
May I know where are you from Kyle? Mind introduce a bit? :)

Reactions: jpmcwjr

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
I am a newcomer and have been reading a lot of people' posts about breathing. I got a lot of advice and harvest, but the standard is confusing me. I wanted to try to establish something that could be quantified, so I came up with the idea that when you light a pipe, the force of inhalation should be about the same, if the size of the pipe is not confusing. So my question is, How many times as hard do you breathe when you light a pipe as you do when you keep it burning?
Just don’t burn your mouth buddy lol.

Reactions: Kyle
The Funkmaster has called me here… I have posted multiple times my take on the breath technique, but I think some have done a good job on here.

I would only add, to get a grasp on it, just walk around with a pipe in your mouth till you forget about it. THEN try lighting the pipe and forgetting about it again. I could wax poetic about how it all works, but really, just having a lit pipe in your clench while forgetting about it totally is the best way to start. If it goes out, just relight and focus your mind on doing something else, maybe take a walk, do some whittling, fishing, mow the yard, or take a nap. Your passive breathing through your nose will pull on your gullet enough to keep the pipe going. Unless your a mouth breather. In that case… just ask cigrmaster what he does, ha ha.