PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I started with cigarettes back in the summer of '94. In the army I found cigars and smoked them off and on the past 20 years or so, depending on the amount of disposable income at any time. Pipes, since Memorial Day 2020.

My health is not great. But I can't put the onus solely on smoking. I have other fun lifestyle things that contribute. I can say this though, the more I smoke a pipe the less I smoke cigarettes. And the less I smoke cigarettes the better I feel both mentally and physically.

mateusbrown

Might Stick Around
Apr 24, 2022
Georgia, USA
As opposed to what we were told for years, red meat like beef is a true superfood. The nutrients in red meat are highly bioavailable and essential for human health. Of course I cannot be bothered to find the links to the medical studies, but they are now saying that red meat is not the culprit in heart issues, cholesterol, colon cancer and so on. Rather, it all the other processed foods that cause the problems, like seed oils (soybean, canola, etc.), which are literally some of the worst things you can consume, which are found in all sorts of processed foods, in addition to added sugars and so on, and everything you get that is fried in any restaurant is probably fried in seed oils instead of beef fat like they used to use way back. Lots of beef is not bad. Neither is salt, whole milk, butter, eggs, nor cheese. There is even the so-called lion diet, where you eat only beef and salt and drink water, and many claim it helped them overcome all sorts of autoimmune conditions after cutting out all the inflammatory foods. Anyway, just something to think about.

Reactions: Piping Abe

mateusbrown

Might Stick Around
Apr 24, 2022
Georgia, USA
smoking got to be very heavy
This happens sometimes. This has been the summer of excessive smoking for me. I have been outside all day everyday practically, going through at least a pack of cigarettes and an occasional cigar while running the tractor on the farm, doing yard work and other farm work, etc. Then after all that, I'm inside cleaned up, relaxing and smoking a pipe, watching Mannix or some other old TV program. That said, I'm coughing up crap first thing in the morning and can tell I need to back off. But, school starts back tomorrow, pre-planning, and then the kids show up next Thursday, so since I cannot smoke on school grounds, I suppose that will help the problem although I'll probably be having some withdrawals sometime midmorning tomorrow.

Reactions: ray47

Kirklands

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2023
Smoked a pipe for 10 years or so. Usually it is just a bowl or two a week (and often a bowl will last me for two sessions). No health issues related to smoking.