Pruss' & Brdavidson's Big Adventure! - Chicago Show Report (Super Pic Heavy!)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Nope...That ones sealed...forever...Sorry there bud!
Crap..... :crying:
Thanks Purple, it was a rather apt description. My van will never be the same again, it was the gift that keeps on giving. Is it wrong that I can discern whether it was Pat or Chris that made a particular scent?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I told you two it was spider's barking under my seat...
It sounded more like angry ducks.
Pat, just 2 years to go, and then my wife and I fully expect you to come back to Washington with your family.
You're on. I loved my week in Seattle, but it made me hungry to get out of the city and up into your country. Seattle is a nice city, but I wanted more mountains and more ocean. Robyn and I fell in love with Vancouver Island, and I think she'll likely feel the same way about your neck of the woods. Count on us coming out for a visit.
-- Pat/Brian AKA "Johnny Large Tin" one of the "Lactose Twins"

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
I know... Double post.
However, so here is my hull. I picked up a Stanwell N. Iversson design...which is a great smoke. I also picked up a estate bent Falcon, for my Meer bowl. Some new tobacco...I had to get a tin of the McCranie's after smelling the intoxicating ketchup smell from Mike Parks pipe.
And a ton of cobs. MM had the little guys at the top on sale for $0.50 each, and I had just run out of them...so I stocked up. As well I grabbed a hardwood which I have never smoke. Another great score was bestowed upon me from Pruss, was a Laughing King Old Dominion. And I must say that is a killer pipe. Next year I hope to be able to either finally grab a birth Dunnie, and/or a beauty of an artisan.
blogger-image--340541606.jpg

blogger-image-750541274.jpg

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Post script to "Big Adventure's" Nana Ivarsson Stanwell purchase... Chris had been looking at another Stanwell and on arriving back at the table to buy it watched as an older gent, who had a tidy pile of seven or eight estates and NOS pipes in front of him, snaked the little Danish beauty right out from under Chris' nose. Now, as you can see from his post above, everything worked out in the end; but for the rest of the weekend "Stanwelling" became synonymous with snaking a purchase before another buyer got the chance.
-- Pat

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
" ya got Stanwelled!"
I think in the realm of the pipe show "double goofy" is probably way more fitting.
I forgot to add, I got the rarest thing at the pipe show....a women's phone number. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.