Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
When I can't get my flake tobaccos to stay lit and I'm tired of messing with a bad smoke, I go to PA. The ribbon cut just makes it easier to load and smoke.
This is why I default to Elizabethan so much... the STG ribbon cut makes packing and smoking effortless.

Never tried Prince Albert but I'll have to give it a go. Looking for a non-aro that I enjoy that is pleasing enough to those around me. Sounds like PA or Lane Ready Rubbed would fit the bill.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Don't worry BROS if you can't smoke PA yet. Some day you will grow up and realize all men should have a truck, whisky should be drank neat, wine should have a cork not a screw top, water shouldn't be any flavor other than water, you should always wear a belt and carry a pocket knife and PA is a mainstay smoke. Here, here. It's ok, do you want a puppy? ????
1E986607-D31A-403E-B37A-18F878E6AE78[1003].jpg
That's how the real men speak...............Whisky for everyone,I run with the expenses..............some olives as well...........?

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Don't worry BROS if you can't smoke PA yet. Some day you will grow up and realize all men should have a truck, whisky should be drank neat, wine should have a cork not a screw top, water shouldn't be any flavor other than water, you should always wear a belt and carry a pocket knife and PA is a mainstay smoke. Here, here. It's ok, do you want a puppy? ????
You forgot to tell him he also needs to carry one clean pocket-handkerchief on him at all times.?

If we don't train these young bucks up right, they end up working as Barista's at Starbucks, making glutten-free, non-gmo, free-range, organic, grass-fed, hypoallergenic, fru-fru cafe' moch-lotte's with lactose-free almond-milk, in thrice-reclaimed cardboard cups with bio-degradable lids; while sporting a man-bun and beard at the same time. :ROFLMAO: - Sherm Natman

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
You forgot to tell him he also needs to carry one clean pocket-handkerchief on him at all times.?

If we don't train these young bucks up right, they end up working as Barista's at Starbucks, making glutten-free, non-gmo, free-range, organic, grass-fed, hypoallergenic, fru-fru cafe' moch-lotte's with lactose-free almond-milk, in thrice-reclaimed cardboard cups with bio-degradable lids; while sporting a man-bun and beard at the same time. :ROFLMAO: - Sherm Natman
It's already happened. And a clean pocket handkerchief!? Doesn't sound like you're using it.

• Haha
Reactions: beefeater33

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

nothing wrong with that. It takes all kinds and baristas are one of the things that keeps the world moving.

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
Is absolutely horrible!!!

How do you guys smoke this?

bland, nothing there besides an OK room note (oddly enough) and decent nic.

I got another pouch to try as I thought maybe the first one I tried a few years ago was too dry (which it was). Still doesn’t change my opinion on the stuff. SWR or Granger are so much better than this crap! Of course what should you expect from the maker of “Black N Mild”?
I bought a pouch of PA when I first picked up the pipe, but quickly left it to the side in a jar as I pursued other blends. I pulled that jar out recently and was very disappointed. I do really like Carter Hall from time to time, but PA just isn’t for me.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I never thought I would see the day! I always liked it and found it best in a cob. I found if you had to much cake in your pipe you could hardly taste it.

I think I know enough about human nature to know that because you can no longer get it, it will become mythic.
Shortly it will become common knowledge that it was perhaps the best pipe tobacco ever made. Enjoyed by generations. Even when other blenders match it none will compare. PA is about to cross over into legend status.

Now this might take a day or two to come to completeion, because there are still to many of us around that know the truth. But soon...

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
... I think I know enough about human nature to know that because you can no longer get it, it will become mythic.
Not sure where you are getting your supply info from, but the Middleton Rep was quite specific that it was only the 14 oz tubs of PA and CH which will no longer be shipping into California. Do you know something different? - Sherm Natman

Reactions: BROBS

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
and, the Middleton rep told me on three different calls that those rumors are false.

Something is definitely amiss here, Jim. - Sherm Natman
I don't believe anything Middleton says. A few years back, they denied they were canceling Walnut, PA Cherry Vanilla, Royal Comfort, Apple, etc. I was told directly it wasn't true by a rep at their office. A month later, they were canceled. They lied to a few others who called back then, too.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
I don't believe anything Middleton says. A few years back, they denied they were canceling Walnut, PA Cherry Vanilla, Royal Comfort, Apple, etc. I was told directly it wasn't true by a rep at their office. A month later, they were canceled. They lied to a few others who called back then, too.
Understood. Thanks Jim. - Sherm Natman

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
After reading this thread I called about six local shops all told me they didn't have any PA and had not had it for some time now. One of the ladies told me several people had inquired about it, she said it was still one of their best sellers.

I didn't ask about CH, but I have not seen any pouches of it on the shelf either.

Status
Not open for further replies.