PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
Hey man I know we have had some communication here on the forum. Your Family will be in my prayers

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
Mike, we are continuing to pray for you, your daughter and the whole family.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I just realized I've neglected to stop in for awhile. Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers! It means alot to us.
I'm so happy to report that things are getting better. She will miss the remainder of her Pre-K year but her school is more than confident that she will bounce back at the start of next school year. In the meantime she is home, doing physical therapy and getting a little stronger every day. She's still walking with assistance and a little off balance but given what she's gone through up to this point, it's like night and day from where we were a month ago.
Life is returning to normal. I'm back at work, able to make some pipe club meetings again, and enjoying having my little girl home and seeing her progress. It's a long road ahead but given the circumstances, it's the best we could hope for. The final pathology came back that the tumor was a Grade 1 Juvenile Pilosytic Astrocytoma. Something I thought I'd never learn so much about. But given the type and the outcome of the removal, no chemo or radiation therapy needed!
Again thanks to all for your continued thoughts and prayers. Hopefully I can start spending more time here talking more about pipes and tobaccos again and less about tumors :)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Mike. I missed this thread on earlier. Wonderful to hear that things are on the upswing. Sending good thoughts your way as she goes through her recovery, pal.
-- Pat

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Mike,
No chemo or radiation needed is fantastic news for your family! So glad to hear of her continued progress as well. Keep us informed.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I hope for continued recovery for your daughter and your whole family. Thanks for letting us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.