Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
My wife got me this as a birthday/Christmas present. Had some questions so i made a thread for it. A 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Milverton gold plated (i assume) cap and band. I am collecting the original peterson sherlock holmes line, and my wife found this. Not necessarily from the original line but the return of sherlock holmes line. Great head start into that collection if you ask me.

20221231_171247.jpg

Attachments

• 20221231_170200.jpg
    20221231_170200.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 5
Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
My Xmas present to myself, my friend does not interfere with my pastime . She knows I'm very particular, we both are.
She is the kindest soul on earth , I do not want to make her feel disappointed and we both do not pretend, if you take my meaning.
A first period Caminetto AR Excellence graded bent egg with a perfectly "painted" golden moustache. I love it .
Crappy picture is the seller's , I apologize, my photographing skills are next to nil. No smartphone, or camera either. Hope you get the idea.
Caminetto Ascorti Radice excellence bent egg.png

Last edited:

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Pipe club had a late holiday get together and we exchanged some small gifts.
I received this group 2ish Allen & Wright "Special" bent billiard. I really like the tiny blue dot. The wood is in very good condition, but the stem has been buffed to hell and back. Much of the original bit is gone. The tenon is threaded on the inside which would seem to indicate it came complete with a condenser do-hickey - which is long gone.
Still a fine smoke.

C577A0AA-A1ED-4B81-A897-759B28F8BDF3.jpeg
DEACB380-ECB6-488E-81E1-0A7F07477C29.jpeg

Not a ton of solid info out there about their pipes. Seems they were a UK based chain of shops. There's an older thread on here with some good adverts by them.

Allen & Wright Adverts

Jguss has also shed some light on their history.
They claimed to manufacture their own pipes but as we know, that could likely mean sourcing stummels and finishing them to various degrees.